LCD Contrast Voltage on 16x2 LCD

--
Connect the ends of a pot from Vcc to ground and connect the wiper to
Vlcd.
Reply to
John Fields

In article , Joe.G writes

I always do it with a 10K preset from +5V to GND, wiper to Vlcd. Preset is set on manufacture, works fine.

If the equipment will be subject to extremes of temperature you will need to do some temperature compensation or the display will disappear in the cold and go black in the heat.

--
Tim Mitchell
Reply to

Hi All,

Product - 20x4 Standard LCD using a similar HD44780 controller. The LCD is standard and not extended tempreature. and Vlcd is near typically 0v. (Vlcd is the contrast voltage pin)

  1. I am interested in the methods used to set Vlcd (the contrast voltage). Please comment .

  1. Does the Voltage acrross the LCD planes (commons) very in production?

  2. Can I use a single resistor to ground to adjust the Vlcd over the operating tempreature range to set the contrast.

  1. What other factors should I consider.

What are your thought on these questions?

Regards Joe

Reply to
Joe.G