Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust

Krw assumes that he is infallible, and gets upset when people make assertions with which he doesn't agree. He's unaware that he is pretending to be the pope, which another aspect of his cognitive deficit.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

it's the domposition temperature of cellulose, trees and shrubs are cellulose too.

you have to get the decomposition fumes a bit hotter before they ignite.

Jasen Betts

People will die long before the temperature reaches the combustion point. So what?

Reply to
John S

At what temperature?

Sure. If set aflame. Flora can be like that. Let them dry out and then set them afire.

Reply to
John S

I had a southern wax myrtle in my yard. It died a few years ago due to extreme temperatures and drought. It did not combust.

Reply to
John S

You might (not) enjoy reading this for your education, Fred.

John S

You must be reading and getting your links from the National Enquirer.

Reply to
John S

Both statements are bullshit. Ray Bradbury admitted using that number in the title for his book "because it sounded good". There's no fact behind it whatever.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

. I would expect bushes and trees to have a higher ignition temperature.

Do a search on " autoignition temperature ". Paper varies too much to get a precise number for the autoignition temp. But 451 is in the range.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster