Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust

That Kuwait Times article has been exposed as fake news.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

G*d save us. Last time that happened someone started a family of religions that's done untold harm.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Around here we have fat wood, the resinous inner core of pine trees. Great for starting a fire in the fireplace.

--

Rick C
Reply to

And your link proving this unfounded (so far) assertion?

John

Reply to
John Robertson

Hardly hot enough for spontaneous combustion. I'm with John - idiots throwing cigarette butts out the window.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

You may be right, but for sure no one sprayed it with anything. After all these years I may have become confused with the fir tree directly behind it. There must have been some inflammable organic vapour sweated out of the bush by the unusually high temperatures we had that summer on that very still day, because neither the laurel nor the fir were damaged. It was all over in a flash (literally!) but was *very* spectacular - and pretty damn scary - while it lasted.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

And in my case, my father tossing the match he'd used to light his pipe into the undergrowth. He must have got the shock of his life.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

So the lack of weather stations is your excuse. Got proof? Or should I trust your word LOL

Proof? You seem to be lacking that.

You are terribly confused. What do you think, GW will cause it to stop snowing everywhere? Rather what happens is the increased moisture in the air causes more precip when it occurs. You really have trouble understanding mildly complex topics.

By the way, this is link that proves my point. It's from a reputable source. Learn how to use them:

Proof....nah, nevermind. Of course you don't. It's always easier to make it up as you go.

By the way, I heard about this cool invention. They're magnets to go around your fuel line. They improve gas mileage. Don't ask me for proof they work, they just do. I might be able to create or find a graph and upload to Dropbox if it helps.

Reply to
hondgm

If you figure it out, let me know. He's like a politician that continually deflects factual statements and instead promotes demonstrably false facts.

Reply to
hondgm

How? Or don't you know?

Reply to
hondgm

John Larkin is another one who it is pointless to argue with. He has made up his mind based on what "feels right" and doesn't care about anything else. He also works that way dismissing valid solutions to a problem according to how they "feel".

Discussing any of this with him is pretty pointless.

--

Rick C
Reply to

LOL

This has to be one of the strangest claims I've heard in a long time. Is this a common myth going around now?

Reply to
hondgm

I won't say that is impossible. There are volatile organic compounds in firs that will burn easily. Check out fat wood. It is possible that it occurred exactly as you describe. Ignition is still an issue though. Even volatile hydrocarbons aren't so easy to ignite unless there is a flame or spark.

--

Rick C
Reply to

You have to admit it is one of the most bizarre things humans do, putting burning leaves in their mouths!

--

Rick C
Reply to

I've come to that realization, however I can't help but to want to find out what ridiculous thing he says next.

It's a gift, really, to be able to continually fight blatant facts.

Reply to
hondgm

A gift eh? I'd return it for something more practical. Still have the receipt?

--

Rick C
Reply to

Thanks. I checked various online weather reports for Kuwait City. The highest for July was 51C and Aug at 50C.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

That "Fred Bloggs" alias has been exposed as a fake: "'Joe Bloggs' and 'Fred Bloggs' are placeholder names commonly used in the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand, for teaching, programming, and other thinking and writing".

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature

You seem to be interviewing for the position of pope. Your competition is Slowman, so good luck on your race to the bottom.

Reply to
krw

You really are an idiot. No one puts burning leaves in their mouth.

Reply to
krw