Keyence Ladder builder software.

at work i requested them to get me the software and cables required to program a bunch of KV series keyence PLC's so they looked in to, Keyence said no problem. cable and software on its way free of charge.. i went on vacation, when i got back to work what i saw on my desk was a nice box from them with cable and CD rom! that's great i said! open the box and looked at the cable., a RJ-11 cable which is needed on the PLC end, into a RS-232C adapter :( .. well, most laptops and some desktops no longer have a real RS-232C in them any more and i don't like using USB type ones because i have always had bad luck with them. anyways, i looked at the instructions for the software. its supports Windows 3.1 ? eh ? and Windows 95 ok, that's ok but Windows 3.1 ? are we talking about 16 bit apps here? is it possible the code is directly accessing the port like you could do back then via the application instead of the OS ? if so, what happens when i decide i want to run this on a W2k or higher machine? does that mean my free package isn't such a good deal after all? do any of you know if this package i received for the KV series PLC's work on W2k and up ? and does it work with a USB to RS-232C adapter?

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

're-not-cheap+qq+Older-parallel-port-programs-that-need-precise-timing-*-*-*-*-*+*-run-it-once+still-don't-work-on-XPnews: snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net