Is Electronics Addictive?

That's pretty nice. I didn't realize it was down to ~$500/eye as Spehro mentioned; at that point I suppose insurers figure it could actually be cheaper than new eyeglasses every few years.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

My guess is that by doing it in house, the VA can probably do both eyes for Spehro's ~$500/eye.

Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Medicare they simply replace the lens to solve cataracts.... no more laser cleaning. ...Jim Thompson

Can LASIK fix plain ol' ordinary bog-standard presbyopia?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Sure, it can fix the short-arm syndrome but then you can't see distance. Presbyopia is a locked focusing mechanism. Lasik can change it, once.

Reply to
krw

Guess I'll just stick with my $12.00 drugstore cheaters. ;-)

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

They can adjust one eye to focus at distance "a" and the other and distance "b" (eg. "a" for reading or computer and "b" for distance)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Some people have a real problem with that strategy. Others get used to it fairly quickly. For me, carrying a pair of glasses around in my shirt pocket isn't worth the risk (I started wearing them at 55).

Reply to
krw