is 2gb of ram

XP did NOT use Win98 drivers. Most people upgraded from Win 98. 2000 was only used in businesses, not in the home. You are completely wrong. There was *loads* of old stuff that did not work in XP that worked fine in

Neither does Vista. Pretty much everyone is up to date now.

Reply to
Bob Campbell

It used 2K drivers, dickless.

Bullshit.

Bullshit.

You're full of... Bullshit.

Nonsense.

Bullshit. What about software that runs perfectly well under 2K and XP and not at all under Vista? Throw it away? No thanks. I'll switch. Vista had its chance.

--
Keith
Reply to

So, the XP driver model was perfect? MS should stick with the same technology forever? They shouldn't try to fix the security issues they have found, and learned from? I guess you still run only 1M of RAM and DOS 6.22. You should really think about what you are saying before you say it. I really liked OS-9 (not sApples OS9, the real one), but seriously, where would that put me now?

Not bullshit. It went through exactly the same bad press and hard feelings. I waited until SP1 on XP before I would even try it out.

No one is FORCING you to buy MS products.

So are you, I'll bet dimes do doughnuts you were spouting the same shit back then, if your mommy would let you use her computer.

I have no feelings one way or another about the situation. These are just tools. We could be arguing about the benefits of Craftsmen screw drivers compared to Kobalt brand. I run a mix of XP and Vista systems. Getting them to work together was no more difficult than getting XP and 98SE to get along. I have one Vista Ultimate 64 machine running on basic hardware and 4GB of RAM. It tools right along, I have a bleeding edge (literally, i7 Extreme with 12GB of RAM, 4TB RAID 10 Array) and it would run anything fast. What it will not run natively I run in a VMware Unity window. You don't even realize you are running a virtuaized app. They are just tools, bend them to your will or gripe about them, whatever.

Reply to
WangoTango

2000 got to about 20% installed base, then XP was released. The vast majority of upgrades were from 98SE users, not 2000 users. XP was a HUGE change for 98SE users, needing more CPU, 4 times the RAM and different drivers for everything.

You clearly were not there, so stop making a fool of yourself.

Reply to
Bob Campbell