IR Remote Control Extenders

That is a German car. Built by a subsidiary of General Motors.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

No, you didn't mention a single one of those things, not even when you challenged me to 'do it'.

Reply to
flipper

The serial number plate under the hood said it was built in France. Buick was the GM division that sold the Opel in the US. Replacement parts were a real pain int he ass to get. The only reason I had the car was that the engine had just blown in my van, and a 'friend' told me I could have the Opel, if I could get it to start. It was sitting behind the barn on his brother's farm, and had been there about three years. I stuck the battery from the van in it, poured some gasoline in the carburetor, and drove it out of the mud. In hindsight, I should have just left it there.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Never heard of a Kadett (original spelling) built in France. Anyhow, those unibody cars rust, especially when sitting in someone yard for years. Then at some point, unlike frame bodies, there is really nothing that maintains integrity. That's why they have regular mandatory inspections in Europe where they would have caught it years before you stepped into that car and prevented your scenario.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Reduced air pressure, suction, lift, or whatever you prefer to call it, but it tried to lift the front end of the car, and ripped the hood loose.

I have no idea, but that was what was marked on the vehicle and some repair parts. The car body was scrapped 30 years ago, and someone stole the engine and transmission, along with the front axle. I was going to mate the 55 HP 4 cylinder engine with a 27 KW Agtronics 120/240 VAC PTO driven alternator head for a portable genset, and to use for emergency power at my home. A couple bolts separated it from the damaged body, and adding a simple trailer tongue would have made it into a trailer.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

rechargeable

batteries

coverter.)

back to

Good point. Although my automatic won't let you do that unless it's in park.

Don't remember how the last manual I drove handled it.

Reply to
flipper