Interesting Group

teresting

site!

logy in

at

=A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

Or maybe all those Canadian snowbirds living peacefully among you Arizonites have inadvertently corrected your speech. Welcome back to the British Commonwealth! ;)

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris

[snip]

They're mostly in Yuma, and they leave in the Spring, as soon as it gets "hot", 80°F.

No kidding, I was riding down an elevator in a hotel in Yuma and one Canadian was saying to his friend, "Time to head home, it's getting hot" (I was wearing a sweater ;-)

...Jim Thompson

D from BC wrote: (snip)

Peter Jennings, late anchor of ABC network evening news, pronounced "about" just like that. It was the *only* coloration in his speech that clued me that he had spent formative years in Canada.

Reply to
Michael

Thompson

I see the snowbirds in heavy winter coats & gloves, while I'm in a tee shirt & shorts. The give me the strangest looks. I have been somewhat heat intolerant, since leaving the service in the mid '70s. All the medicine I'm on these days makes it a lot worse.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Your to kind ;)

Reply to
Hammy

If their building didn't have some resale value, we could just bomb the crap out of it.

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Even if it did have some resale value, bombing it would still save a bundle. Even including collateral damage (say, Manhattan), it would still be a good deal.

Reply to
krw

It would tell terrorist that we are serious.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The most important thing would be to take out the five terrorist "permanent" ringleaders on the UNSC.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Pops right up for me.

Reply to