interesting fets

Their part is a low-voltage enhancement mosfet cascoded with a depletion-mode GaN HV fet.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

Ouch.. I went to some corporate home page.. maybe post the spec sheet on dropbox, or some better link.

I've been fabbing back to back depletion fets's lnd150's as series input protection. To-93's, It'd be nice if someone put it all in a two lead package.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Click PRODUCTS.

SOT23s are smaller!

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Right, that's for when we think ahead and put protection on the pcb, rather than the inter-connect.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

ld:

OK I'll still need two, and spendy. lnd150's are ~$0.3 and good to 500V. I've been putting them on all these low current monitor inputs. (opamps or intamps.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Kinda pricey, but the 3207 only has a gate charge of 28nC. Thats pretty good for a 600v mosfet, usually the gate charge goes up with voltage.

Martin Riddle

Cascoding really reduces feedback capacitance. You could do that yourself.

I would have thought that putting a phemt or GaN under a mosfet would have been the way to go, but that would be with discretes. It would need a supply voltage for the mosfet gate.

lunatic fringe electronics

The funny part is, SuperJunction designs perform better than cascoding [citation needed]. The Cdg reduction at high voltage is tremendous.

I know! Put an enh-GaN under a depl-GaN!..

...It's not like GaN has any problems with gate charge, if anything the problem is it's simply /too good/ to use in higher power circuits.

SuperJunction Si MOS are already squirrely at times: worrying about 300MHz spurs is one thing, but 3GHz spurs is something else entirely!

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Tim Williams