Intel P82F001 1M/bit flash boot ROM.

Just a thought - there's always freecycle and freegle you can post "OFFER".

They're for keeping unwanted stuff out of landfill and you can post literally anything.

My mother got rid of a couple of old tree stumps and a knackered old petrol lawnmower, I shifted an old huge valve sig-gen and a pile of old LJIIIP laser printers.

Reply to
Ian Field

Sorry, no indication on the official label. I would be happy to look at the parts for you if you can tell me what to look for.

Can you test for that, in the parts I'm sending?

Thanks

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

(...)

Good suggestion!

I've Freecycled both ways several times. Got rid of ~500 used bricks and some bags of chimney cement, furniture, small appliances. Got a T.V. set, a rototiller, a treadmill, a bunch of dead microwave ovens and other stuff too numerous to mention. Freecycle is a Good Thing.

I offered these memory chips along with some other 'tronics related stuff on Freecycle a few weeks ago. No takers.

The Freecycle pool needs to get *a lot* bigger. :)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

That's why I give them a mention whenever the opportunity presents.

Reply to
Ian Field

(...)

Good on you, Ian!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

The data sheet says: "? Top or Bottom Boot Locations"

Is that what you are looking for, Joseph?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Can OE do sigfiles?

Reply to
Ian Field

Ian Field Inscribed thus:

Yes of course it can ! I don't know if it can do Xface though.

--
Best Regards:
                          Baron.

Sig test:

Reply to
Ian Field

Doesn't seem to be working quite how I expected!

-- Some old kit you don't want anymore?

Keep it out of landfill - OFFER: it

Ian Field

You hav to close & restart some newsreaders before any change can be used because the sigfile is only read at startup.

Michael A. Terrell

-- Some old kit you don't want anymore?

Keep it out of landfill - OFFER: it

Done a restart but it still inserts the sig at the top when I reply to a post.

Reply to
Ian Field

I don't know. I'm going to try with Seamonkey.

--Winston

-- Machining can only occur between one Catholic and one Bridgeport.

Other people and machines can continue to enjoy their hobby within a Mechanical Partnership but to protect our fine tradition, they must be prevented from actually Machining. To grant them the ability to Machine would ruin this traditional institution for Catholics, Bridgeports and everyone and everything else.

Do we think that a Unitarian and her Deckel has any valid claim to the freedom and sanctity of Machining? An agnostic and his Sheldon? Of course not! We cannot risk validating this gravely unjust pairing; to recognize it would send the wrong message to our precious youth. Who knows how many young lives have been utterly ruined because of the non-procreative destruction of perfectly acceptable surfaces by non-Catholics using non-Bridgeports?

No other form can be considered as an equivalent to this natural relationship out of whose love tools are born.

Join me to protect the unique social and legal status of Machining for everyone in the 21st century!

Reply to
Winston

(...)

And a post with sigfile disabled....

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

It puts the sigfile where ever the cursor is when you reply or post a new message. My default is set to the bottom. I page up to the top in a reply to snip anything that isn't relevent, after I type the message above the sig file. I am using Netscape 4.8

Michael A. Terrell

.html

Yes, that is the attribute under discussion. I think i could devise a test if i set down and try.

Reply to
josephkk

Very good.

Those folks that have contacted me offline: I haven't gotten your anti-static envelopes yet. I will hang on to these devices for the time being.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

html

Thank you very much for the notably prompter return than my sending a = mere envelope.

You donation to my avocation and experiments has arrived. =20 ?=3D))

Reply to
josephkk

(...)

You are welcome, Joseph. That USPS guy must have been on hyperdrive!

Excellent! I wish you great enjoyment.

*Hey Everybody!*

I have many more of these FLASH memories to give away. I was given them by the finance division as part of the closing of a company I used to work for.

Send me a SASE and I will give you a few of them free of charge. For No Money. No Strings!

My unmunged addy is at the bottom of:

--Winston

Reply to
Winston