A Wireless Energy Transmitter

Hi,

After reading about Nikola Tesla, I was wondering if there were any plans to make your own Wireless Energy Transmitter, such as the one at the Wardenclyffe Tower. Is this possible? If possible, relatively inexpensive to do? Thanks.

Reply to
Marcel

In case you hadn't noticed, nobody but Tesla himself knew how that unit was *SUPPOSED* to work, and he ran out of money/backers, then died before anything but the superstructure got built. It was a hollow shell when work on it stopped due to lack of funds, and it was a hollow shell when he died, and if there were any notes on the "how to make it work" part, they've never been made public. Even today, the only thing anybody can say for sure about it is that Tesla claimed that it was intended to be a wireless power distribution station. Beyond that, its methods are a complete unknown, and likely to stay that way for the foreseeable future.

In other words, no - Nothing practical has been demonstrated yet, and no (functional - there have been more than a few hoaxes) plans that would allow one to home-brew such a beast have been published.

--
Don Bruder - dakidd@sonic.net - If your "From:" address isn't on my whitelist,
ever knowing it arrived. Sorry...  for more info

inespensive? No. The radio frequency police would be all over you if you tried that.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

Its real easy - but I'm not saying how in case you're daft enough to try it!!!

Reply to
ian field

I know one legal way... a spotlight at one end and a photovoltaic cell at the other - wireless power transmission using electomagnetic waves. not particularly efficient.

--

Bye.
   Jasen

Look around you. How many "wireless energy transmitters" do you see? What do you think that implies about the possibility of "wireless energy transmission"? Five minutes of Google searching would be very illuminating. Unless you believe the copper wire cartel has squads of hit-men out there...

Bill

Reply to
Bill Shymanski

Obviously, since you're trying to heap scorn on the idea, they must... AND I BET YOU'RE PART OF ONE OF THOSE SQUADS!

Quick! Everybody look wired so the goon-squads don't get ya! :)

--
Don Bruder - dakidd@sonic.net - If your "From:" address isn't on my whitelist,
ever knowing it arrived. Sorry...  for more info
Reply to
Don Bruder

I'm trying to work out which of you two needs a pointy tinfoil hat!!!

Reply to
ian field

What? You doubt that the goon squads exist, and are actively hunting for those not using proper wires??? What's the matter with you? You one of those goo...

Uh-oh...

YOU'RE part of the goon squad, too, aren't you?!?!?

I bet you want me to put on that pointy tinfoil hat so you can find me easier, don't you? You figure I'm one of the stupid ones, and I'll put it on inside out so it acts as an amplifier for my secret thoughts on how to defeat the copper-cabal (TINC!) and their evil plans for all of us, and allows you to track me, huh?

How about if I just line my Stetson with tinfoil? (Remind me again, wouldja? is it shiny side IN, or shiny side OUT? Or does it matter if it's inside a Stetson as a liner?)

--
Don Bruder - dakidd@sonic.net - If your "From:" address isn't on my whitelist,
ever knowing it arrived. Sorry...  for more info
Reply to
Don Bruder

Reply to
crunkzillah

I'd be very careful about wearing that Stetson hat out in public. People will think you were part of "Brokeback Mountain" No matter that someone on WSM radio called it "Will & Grace" on horses.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida