ing after reading this

Sorry, I can't figure out what you are trying to say. It sounds like you think BEVs are charged the same way as a cheap battery charger where you have to unplug it to prevent overcharging.

Try using a translation program. Maybe that would be more clear?

Reply to
Ricky

On Monday, 1 August 2022 at 13:57:29 UTC-7, a a wrote: ...

Many (most?) Japanese cars disconnect the cigarette lighter socket when the ignition is off.

kw ...

Reply to
ke...

That just means it's a bit more work. Ed and a a don't mind that. They like inconvenience.

Reply to
Ricky

Don't know about aa. Ed got 30A direct link to the main battery, 24/7 on. Can't afford to turn on the 100W power relay with solar.

Reply to
Ed Lee

It's too simple to ask. Just tap into the traction battery directly with 400V 30A cable. If you are only doing solar, 5A o 10A should be enough. I have a 48V to 220V inverter, which can rectify into 374V DC. It should be able to keep the battery from dropping below 60%.

However, if you have some kind of buffering battery (i got 8kwhr), you still need to balance the cells to avoid any of them from OV (4.3V).

Reply to
Ed Lee