Infrared Link for Audio?

Anyone know of a commercially available Infrared Link for Audio?

My surfing only seems to find the "senior project" stuff :-(

...Jim Thompson

Something like this?

Or this?

mrdarrett

I already have a set of Sony earphones that do that. What I'm after is sender/receiver suitable for sharing the Sirius radio in my office with the rest of the house... i.e. wall-wart-powered sender/receiver with RCA I/O's.

Sacks of Monster Cable-ism... no prices shown ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Well why didn't you say so...

and use that EE PE to design a wall-wart power supply. ;-) (Personally, I'd go for NiMH AAAs.)

Reply to
mrdarrett

Make that "Smacks" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Anything available off-the-shelf, I buy. Time is money ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I think you were closer the first time. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

you can get bluetooth headsets, I was thinking of seeing whats inside them, I vaguely remember IR ones.

Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin

WHAT??!! You mean you *don't* use sacks of Monster Cable to listen to your audio??!

You'll NEVER earn an audiophool merit badge (and whiz-bang decoder ring) that way.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

I already have the whiz-bang decoder ring, and the Lone Ranger map set... they came packed in Kix cereal when I was a kid ;-)

...Jim Thompson

How about: Sucks of Monster Cable-ism... no prices shown ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I'll go for that. I despise sites that don't cite prices!

(grammar/spelling test for Eeyore and Homer ;-)

...Jim Thompson

My searches turned up some stuff By Unwired, but only headphones(recievers) and transmitters.

Lots of RF audio links though.

Martine Riddle

Try 60' line-of-sight from my office to the Great Room audio equipment, and 16' ceilings, so no one's head will get in the way ;-)

...Jim Thompson

How is IR going to work in this application? Unless you are the proverbial man living in the glass house, that is.

I used to get high on life but lately I\'ve built up a resistance.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

I forget who makes them (maybe THX), but the systems for hearing assistance at movie theaters are based on IR. There's a transmitter on the ceiling and the headsets 'look' up so they are not blocked by others heads.

Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Radio Shack sells IR linked headphones intended for TV sets. They work pretty well for those who need a louder audio without imposing it on everyone else. John Ferrell W8CCW

Reply to
John Ferrell

Jim - do you want an audio link or the IR headphones that are used for the hard of hearing in a theatre? You want to build of buy? Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

I want an audio link, to send a remote audio source to my home theater system.

I'd prefer to simply buy, but I guess I could cobble up a link by tearing open the headphones.

...Jim Thompson

Link found for 'assistive listening systems' at B&H if this helps

Oppie