little

already

portable

one:

that

Oh, OK.. 829,999 hits.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

There are powerstrips which have a motion detector sensor attached to a cable. That would do the job if you don't mind having the powerstrip on the floor next to the table, and the sensor on the tabletop.

The ones I have seen are from:

Unfortunately the list price is $90. However, I have seen them in local surplus stores for $10-20. For example, HMR:

Here's one on ebay:

-- David DiGiacomo, San Francisco, CA snipped-for-privacy@slack.com

Reply to
David DiGiacomo

If I'd been interested in BUILDING it, I would have done just that, but I'm interested in BUYING a finished product. How hard can that be for you to understand?

Reply to
Rhiannon Pendragon

OMG! Why don't they make them $900?! That's insane.

They're site indicates they're marketing to fat cat big companies, that's probably why. As soon as they market to businesses, that quadruples the price.

Thanks.

Reply to
Rhiannon Pendragon

Sure. "The Clapper"

  Keith
Reply to
Keith Williams

You can get millions of hits if you put non-specific words into Google, most of them irrelevant.

--
A Voice Of Freedom in the
United States of America

That one looks interesting, and is priced right, thanks!

Reply to
Rhiannon Pendragon

Yeah, there was most anything else you can think of, but she was asking about a specific thing. It always amazes me, in a group like this, how someone can ask a simple direct question, and dozens of people will chime in telling them about everything else under the sun, including that they should build their own instead of buying what they asked for.

--
A Voice Of Freedom in the
United States of America

Wasn't there a 'hand-clap' activated lamp a little while ago?

--
Graham W   http://www.gcw.org.uk/ PGM-FI page updated, Graphics Tutorial
WIMBORNE   http://www.wessex-astro-society.freeserve.co.uk/ Wessex

As Willie Sutton said when asked why he robbed banks; "because that's where the money is." Marketing's first job is to figure out who has the money.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Nice attitude, but the name of this newsgroup is sci.electronics.DESIGN. That's sorta what we like to do around these parts.

--
  Keith
Reply to

^^

Well, I assumed that Rhiannon is a she. ...a bitch in any case.

Moi? I didn't think you cared! Ah...

--
  Keith
Reply to

Plonk, dumb ass. Do you understand that?

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Look, you sorry jackass, this is posted to news:sci.electronics.design. If you don't want to be told how to build something stay away from the design newsgroups. If this hurts your feelings? Good. Go away until you learn how to read message headers and how to use Usenet like an adult. Now piss off, there's nothing here here to see for the likes of you.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yes, if your knowledge of Celtic goddesses is deficient, there's always Fleetwood Mac:

Rhiannon rings like a bell through the night And wouldn't you love to love her Takes to the sky like a bird in flight And who will be her lover

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Are you sure he slept there? I am uncertain of that without good evidence. He may have tried passing through but was probably excluded. Pauli was a bit like that - strong on his principles.

Reply to
R.Lewis

Of course not. It's just my .sig, which executes 'fortune'.

And, yes, I think I get the joke, but it's a little bit, um... ephemeral? obscure? Oh, well. I'm sure one of the old guys has a word here. ;-)

--
Cheers!
Rich

If you were sure he was sleeping (and presumably at rest), then you could not be sure of where. I think some physicist was sure of that relationship.

It's elliptic, at least.

We may be caught in a loop here.

--
--Larry Brasfield
email: donotspam_larry_brasfield@hotmail.com

Are you a bot?

--
Cheers!
Rich

[Invitation to respond and response cut for space.]

How would I know? Or you? Does it matter?