incubator

can i get some info about incubators. the ones used to regulate the temperature of a system.

Reply to
iitaspirant2009

Some more specifics. What do you want to know? We cant mind read...

Reply to
Mr. J D

i want to know abt any incubator with the help of which temperature of a system can be maintained at 0 degree delcius.

Reply to
iitaspirant2009

Babies? Puppies? Pot?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

i want to incubate a system at 0 degree celcius.

so i need info abt incubators

Reply to
iitaspirant2009

0 degC is the freezing point, an incubator wont do this. Your going to need a cooling system. Youre in the electronics design forum, your going to need to be at least 1000x more specific...
Reply to
Mr. J D

what do you call that system which can reach a temperature of 0 degree celcius

Reply to
iitaspirant2009

A fridge ?

Reply to
colin

nope

i need to cool a cylinder containing Ozone in huge amounts.

Reply to
iitaspirant2009

"iitaspirant2009" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

You seem to be asking for a thermostatic cooler.

In fact a well-stirrred mixture of crushed ice (made from distilled/de-ionised water) and distilled/de-ionised water is holds a temperature with a few millidegrees of 273.15 degrees Kelvin, so an electronicly controlled thermostat is usually unnecessary.

If you do want a description of a system that can do this job, check out Sloman A.W., Buggs P., Molloy J., and Stewart D. "A microcontroller-based driver to stabilise the temperature of an optical stage to 1mK in the range

4C to 38C, using a Peltier heat pump and a thermistor sensor" in Measurement Science and Technology, volume 7, pages 1653-64 (1996). Although we weren't asked to get to 0C, we could.

E-mail me if you want a reprint - I've still got a few left.

Condensation on the working area is always a problem with cooled stages, and you usually need to blow dry gas over the cooled area (the nitrogen gas boiled off liquid nitrogen is extremely dry) to prevent condensation. Sometimes the nitrogen gas is cool enough to do the whole job ....

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

A very big fridge then, or 'refridgeration unit', do you want to liquify it ? are you trying to repair the hole in the ozone layer ? Its nasty stuff actually, I built an ozone generator once.

Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin

thanks

i finalized what to do. i am putting that cylinder in a refridgerated chamber.

upto what temperature can a incubator maintain(minimum)

Reply to
iitaspirant2009

This guy is trolling. He just did the same thing on sci.energy.hydrogen.

Best, Dan.

Reply to
Dan Bloomquist

I already told him that elsewhere.

He didn't like my answer !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Hemay just be very ignorant. He's Indian.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Depends how much your willing to pay, my fridge goes down to 0'c judging by the fact that my bottle of coke had a layer of ice in it, my freezer gets a lot colder.

You can get as low as you want, how low do you realy want to go ? Industrial ammonia based refrigeration gets to well below -20'c, below that gets more and more expensive I would gues.

as long as you dont want to go much below -273'C you should be ok.

have you checked to see if its safe to freeze the cylinders? you might just want to pipe the gas through a coil inside a refridgeration unit (or ice/water) than the whole cylnder.

Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin

*chuckle* Reminds me of a conversation once about someone who wanted a -50 psi vacuum (vs. the atmosphere).
Reply to
mc

Yet you describe a freezer. To what tolerance of temperature? ±5°C?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

So how do you make the ice :-)

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

In message , dated Fri, 25 Aug 2006, iitaspirant2009 writes

For experiments in organic chemistry, involving hydrogen peroxide?

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate