Increasing speed of Opamp used as Comparator

DS90C402/SO8. Powered from +6 or so, puts about 4.5 volts into 50 ohms in 640 ps. Don't tell anybody.

John

last

compare to

is

when it

V+/v-

either

you

I always seem to find 6502 chips that way. :(

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Spehro Pefhany skrev:

Yes, correct.

I must admit I got carried away - had to follow through though.

If you look at the "BJT on the output" solution it is only 3 added components and two of them are resistors (dirt cheap). And this solution was the best I found with respect to the response time (5us)

Regards

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

[snip]

I've only stepped on an LM324 once.

West Virginia sand hornets cured me of going barefoot outdoors.

The LM324 cured me of going barefoot indoors ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I don't have a lot of choice. I have to wear surgical support stockings as much as possible, so I only wear shoes when i leave the house. The stockings are bad enough, but adding shoes makes my feet hurt and swell even more. Luckily I haven't stepped on any chip barefoot in about 10 years, but I've pried enough 4164 DRAMs out of the soles of my shoes over the years. :(

BTW, Email me when you have the time. I have an idea you might find amusing.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

In article , Klaus Kragelund wrote: [...]

Maybe not, how nasty can the three amplifiers be?

The LM339 can be made to work as a very bad op-amp by placing a capacitor on the output.

Also, you may be able to just have the LM339s oscillating away and doing a ugly sort of PWM.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Thanks.

Your secret's safe with me ... and Google -- I think they're steadfast, but I'm not as sure.

Cheers, James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Gee, you pique-o-second guys... I stepped on a fast DIP-28 SRAM, once, maybe twice--clenched its pins in my heel--and I still like SRAMs. A lot.

Grins, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 10:56:45 -0700, John Larkin wrote in Msg.

Aah, childhood memories. It's amazing how much pain a DIL package can inflict.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

There's a term for people who deliberately step on IC's barefoot: they're called pin sluts.

John

Is that the best you can think of, woman? LOL

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

You apparently consider "woman" to be an insult. That sort of attitude must surely complicate your love life, if any.

John

Fred HAS a love life ?:-) Bwahahahahahaha!

...Jim Thompson

Is that the best you can do, Mary?

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Frederica? Is that you ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

I'm not into the monogamy thing- I am a poly-something...

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Polymastic? Polymath?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Polynominal?

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Pollywog? [1]

John

[1] I think that means you have a lot of Italian relatives.

Polyunsaturated.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell