Ideas and thoughts about a 2 knob control approach for the PIC oscilloscope

PIC)'

pos ch 2, timebase speed, timebase vernier, etc.

work):

E, etc (possibly highlighted),

to 50mV etc,

(like

control.

it, then

How about a touch-screen? You could make any kind of control anywhere on the screen. Something like double-tapping the signal and beying able to drag it to change the offset would be cool.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

On a sunny day (Mon, 14 Jan 2008 22:10:57 GMT) it happened snipped-for-privacy@puntnl.niks (Nico Coesel) wrote in :

Yes, that is a great idea, Iphone like touch screen. Somewhere else in this thread we found that those touch screens are still about 50 Euro (not counting extra electronics for processing), while I pay 15 Euro for the LCD and maybe 3 more for 2 pots.

But indeed, if touch LCD drops in price I will experiment with one :-) The other limitation is perhaps display size, and the width of a finger...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Euro for

At work I make touch-screen controlled devices (well, it is my duty get the software and hardware going :-). It appears the touch screens are quite precise. It is no problem to use a regular slider / scroll control in its original size to adjust a value.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

On a sunny day (Tue, 15 Jan 2008 18:55:29 GMT) it happened snipped-for-privacy@puntnl.niks (Nico Coesel) wrote in :

Good, nice to hear that. What make display are you using?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I saw this post _after_ I bought my Keithley 2100. It's unbelieveable. I started writing a review on it as soon as I got it, which I will turn into suggestion list for Keithley. I don't know what the rest of their stuff is like, but whereas my first Fluke made a big impression, this has probably put me off Keithley for life. I'm really angry that they waste keys, but put "hold" on a shifted key!

When yours is rapidly updating the display do you find it to be erratic? I mean that the display has regular pauses, like there is some kind of I/O contention or buffer filling up. It's not what I expected.

My review is nowhere near ready yet but please let me know if you think I've got it wrong so far! This is my first review of anything.

What have you compared it with to rate the electrical performance? Sadly this is the best meter I have got accuracy-wise, so I have nothing to compare it to. It would be comforting to know that I haven't completely wasted my money.

Neil

Reply to
neilkalo