I Can't Get My Piece of Wire to Work

I just picked up a piece of wire and it doesn't seem to work properly. The wire is not connected to anything. I did a bunch of tests and found the following: Resistance depending on temperature. Inductance depending on orientation. Skin effect depending on frequency. EMI noise. Thermal noise. Wire is a seriously flawed.. How do you make anything with this crap? What do I do? I'm constructing a clock radio..

Just taking a comic break and thought up the most goofy post question I could think of.. No reply necessary but even dumber questions maybe good for a chuckle. :) D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Wrong newsgoup. It belongs on, "I have to use Google groups sci.elecronics.because.i.can't.figure.out.my.ISP's.news.server.settings"

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

[snip]

Wasn't there a time the net had few web portals (like Google now) to usenet? (Hopefully I'm using the terms right.) This technical block probably kept a lot of goofs off usenet. The thinking is: If one is bright enough to set up a newsreader then bright questions will be posted. Google groups now makes it easier and so it's only a matter of time that somebody posts in sci.electronics.design, "My oil light goes on when I stop my car...That's electronic....I want to here it from the genius electronics engineers not the grease monkey.." :)

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Deja View, which was sold to Google.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hey man, chill, you don't know his circumstances. I had to use google groups at my last job because the network blocked all nntp servers.

Reply to
niftydog

Why were you surfing the net on company time?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Net Cop

It was government time... I mean, no sorry, it was only during my lunch hour, I swear!

Reply to
niftydog

I think no offense was intended... It's a play on the idea that one's technical ability in one area becomes a prerequisite in another. So...if someone can't set up a newsreader...really how bright/knowledgeable are they? And therefore..the "special group" for those that can't figure it out. D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Silly guy, you probably connected it backwards.

John

ah, the ironing is delicious.

Reply to
niftydog

What!?? Polarized wire ...I'll never catch up with the new technology. Must have missed the new product release. :) D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

My sense of humor has a "Warp Drive". ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Its that darn propagation delay. You never know when it will cause problems.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Oh, bloody hell, I just found one too!

Sean

Reply to
Sean

Duly noted.

Hey, that's TWO Simpsons quotes as replies to one thread. I'm on fire today!

Reply to
niftydog

Does that mean if I connect a delay line up backwards I can see a pulse before it is sent?

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

or he exceeded his monthly bandwidth limit downloading binaries, so has to use google to post to usenet.

Reply to
maxfoo

Skin effect? But I took off the insulation. Mike ;-)

Reply to
amdx

Speaking of ironing, my 12yr. old was reading a cereal box that had an iron on T-shirt transfer. He looked at me and said "dad, it says do not iron shirt while wearing" I had to explain, some people only use there brain in case of fire. And then lawyers and our litigious society.

Mike

Oh, then there was the NFL football player, when being questioned by the press about his lawsuit against the NFL, was axed "Aren't you just being litigious?" He responded "what's this got tod o with my sister?"

Reply to
amdx

Only on news:sci.electronics.troll

prove it.