Hysteresis without Feedback

I just rechecked my stocks. Where did all those tanhs come from?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Tunnel diode.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Is there a Spice tunnel diode device?

Cheers

Phil "owner of a bag of 1mA TDs that are too slow to be useful" Hobbs

Reply to
pcdhobbs

That must be hard to sign on checks.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Yup, the basis for my very first patent...

3,491,301 Integrated Harmonic Mixer ...Jim Thompson
 Click to see the full signature

Not native. However, bordodynov has uploaded models to Yahoo LTspice.

See

20diode

Download zip file:

TUNNEL_Diode.zip 4KB New models and test bordodynov May 23

Reply to
Steve Wilson

D1 is a schottky 1N4007 - does that confuse things??

piglet

Reply to
piglet

TANH implies a differential pair? So isn't there feedback action at the common emitter junction?

piglet

Reply to
piglet

1N4007 is NOT a Schottky. ...Jim Thompson
 Click to see the full signature

Oh, ye, who only think in devices... TANH is a mathematical expression ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

thout the

y the output graph. What sort of circuit is it?

To piglet, I think they pull tanh out of the ideal diode equation.

(e^x-e^-x)/(e^x+e^-x)... but I don't recall how.

George h.

Reply to
George Herold

Only for shallow thinkers >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

George, Your equation _is_ the definition of TANH.

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Thought I had scrawled that out before, found it...

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

At T0, what direction is the flux?

Reply to
krw

Now there's a question lacking the necessary details. Alternate reply: in some unknown random core with unknown history, it's in that direction ->

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Think about it. At zero it's zero... not a problem. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I was always told transformer cores can have residual magnetism. ICBW though, magnetics is not my thing. I'm more into efficiency.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

At zero, we'd LIKE it to be zero. Remanent field in big iron promotes saturation and is behind a lot of light dimming events. A fluorescent tube can accidentally rectify well enough to saturate a ballast- then hot tar comes dripping from the fixture if the fuse doesn't go first....

Reply to
whit3rd

You're talking about a bistable multivibrator. The subject at hand is a Schmidt trigger. Knowing the input conditions of a Schmidt trigger one knows it's state. That's not true of a widget that requires a storage element.

Reply to
krw