HP calculator is back

I tink, like me, he hates XP bloat.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Hello Sjouke,

Methinks you have diagnosed the root cause correctly :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Mine is an HP41C. (Not HP41CV) I got it soon after it came out at a good discount since I bought it at the computer store of which I was part owner. ;-)

IIRC, they were manufactured in the Corvallis HP plant which is about 200 yards from my current home. When it started sucking dry batteries after a few years, I dropped it off at the plant and picked it up when it was fixed. In the intervening 18+ years, it has only needed batteries twice. It doesn't get used all that much now, and I think the main battery drain is the internal leakage of the alkaline N cells.

Mark Borgerson

Reply to
Mark Borgerson

So, you know what YOU have to do then ... ;-)

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

Sounds just like my wife - if they were all like her, antiques wouldn't exist!

Regards Ian

Reply to
Ian

I miss my old TI-85. Some low-life stole it out of my bag while I was at university and I've never seen it since. I got into programming it but it really was an ordeal and would definitely benefit from a keyboard.

Reply to
Tom Lucas

In '98 my old motorola brick cell phone (the type that took 4 AA batteries) had reached the end of it's useful life so as "an experiment" my friends and I dropped it down the middle of a 3 storey flight of stairs onto a hard floor. The clip on the battery cover snapped and the screen developed a small crack (no leaking liquid crystal though) but it still powered up and found a network. That same phone had also repeatedly survived falling out of my pocket at 70mph on my motorbike and sliding many yards along the road and bouncing off kerbs.

A few years later I had a Sagem phone that fell from my pocket to a tiled floor from bar stool height and never worked again. The don't make 'em like they useta.

Reply to
Tom Lucas

"Tom Lucas" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@proxy00.news.clara.net...

I was working for RS when they started selling the first model - with the 20 lb battery case you carried with you! That sucker could kill someone.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

I always use (to take square root of number in display) y2r= which is x^y, 2, 1/x, = for square root. But I always knew I was a masochist for using the windows calculator anyway.

Reply to
Ben Bradley

If you believe the hype then mobiles will kill everyone who uses them ;-)

Reply to
Tom Lucas

In message , dated Thu, 14 Sep

2006, Tom Lucas writes

Oh, it's been proved. A rapidly increasing proportion of the people who die now have used a mobile phone.

Think about it!(;-)

There are benefits from being irrational - just ask the square root of 2.
John Woodgate

It's worse than that - a recent study has shown that everyone who has ever used or even seen a mobile phone has an extremely high chance of death. ;-)

Reply to
Tom Lucas

In fact the correllation between mobile phone use and eventual death is 100%. No exceptions have been discovered.

--
"I have a creative mind.  You (singular) are eccentric.
 He is insane.          We are losing sight of reality.

In message , dated Thu, 14 Sep 2006, CBFalconer writes

Indeed. The three people who are alleged not to have died (Elijah, Enoch and Mohammed) never used a mobile phone.

There are benefits from being irrational - just ask the square root of 2.
John Woodgate

I do wish you would not publish this inconvenient truth. My Motorola and Nokia stocks will become worthless as a result. Sell!

Reply to
Barry Lennox