How to organize heat shrink tubing?

OK, but isn't that kind of like storing plaster by pouring water into the bag so it hardens? You still have 10 pounds of plaster, in a convenient form for storage, but you won't do much spackling with it. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Regular Heat shrink can be re-used any time. All one needs to do is heat it up, and while hot, re-expand it, and hold it in expanded form until cool again.

Of course, the multi-layered types would not follow this rule.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

They outlawed "bennies" years ago. Your remark, however, accounts for much of your behavior.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

I'm guilty, too. Nothing like Michael, though. I spent the middle of the Vietnam War, '67 -- '69, in the Med, staying out of dark alleys (Communist sympathizers loved to catch sailors and marines in vulnerable places, and occasionally succeeded).

Oh, and learning Italian, courting my to-be wife, translating for the shore patrol, driving and translating for couriers and officers in transit ... and, of course, occasionally working on the missile guidance system and its test equipment.

At the end of my six year enlistment, the Navy and I agreed that we weren't made for each other. And even then, some of my officers tried to get me to reenlist! Go figure.

John Perry

--I'd never heard that you could recover heated heat shrink. Was that a joke? I really thought I'd tried stretching some without success.

--jp

Reply to
John E. Perry

You can stretch it cold as well. You risk tearing it unless you use round tines to stretch it with.

Also, if "recovering" already shrunk tubing, you have to be even more careful of tearing when it is hot.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

I have a pair of "honeymoon pliers"

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

And a bottle of Sensitol too I hope.

Reply to
Paul Burke

There is a special lubricant that is supposed to evaporate after use, but that's not the correct name (at least for electrical applications).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Really? What about the current $20,000 enlistment bonus? What do you call that?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

will let you get a copy of your DD214 for your records.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Thank you, too. This sig file was written to remind an online stalker that he couldn't interfere with my volunteer work for other Veterans. Since then, it has caused a lot of idiots to complain, which gives me a chance to enlighten them about Veteran's issues. As long as that is happening, it will be used. There are currently over 30,000 homeless Veterans, some with terminal diseases. There are problems like Walter Reed, and our CONgress practicing medicine by telling the VA what health problems they can, and can not treat.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

thank you, Win. BTW, I've gathered up the sample electrolytics, but I can't find my ESR meter at the moment. I can mail them to you as soon as I can find it and give you some sample values, or I can send you some now, and more later, with the test results.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I figured a twit like you would miss the joke.

ChairmanOfTheBored

I don't miss you, and you're the biggest joke around.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Liar. It had nothing to do with "an online stalker". You started adding it to your posts right after the kooks in auk began taunting me about my service record, and what is contained on MY DD214.

You are one of those follow the flock retards, even when you don't know what the f*ck is going on.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

I have the various sizes of heat shrink tubing in labeled clear plastic zipper bags.

Reply to
John Doe

I take various sizes which came in plastic bags, and take them out as I need them, and throw them all together in one cardboad container, so I can quickly take the size out that I need. Its easier for me to see exactly what size I need all bunched together.

greg