how to make yr own tracking device

hey guys well i hope someone can help me. well i have a project of making a tracking devvice a small one to track humans down of a range of say 1kilo meters can any of you just suggest so as to how do i start.

Reply to
yoga

I'm working on a vehicle tracking system for a client using GPS and GSM/GPRS. The production version will be *very* small, something like 3 cm x 3 cm.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

I know of a UK company that manufacturs just such a system (though not as small, AKAIK)

Reply to
John Stumbles

I am fresher and i have started my career in Foxconn .As i have minimum practical knowledge i would like to know some basics of SMT Technology and latest advancement in it.My area of interest is incell phone manufacturing but i like to gather more info.so the people conserned kindly send ur mails to snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
sachin

I am fresher and i have joined foxconn who has hired much work for NOKIA.I like to know the basics of SMT & kindly update me with the latest technology used .i am very thankful to whoever can help me out. Kindly mail me any bit of info u got to me.U can mail me at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com With Regards, logesh

Reply to
sachin

Is a bloodhound small enough?

Seriously, I've seen r.f. transmitters powered by a couple of button cell batteries that were not much larger than twice the battery size. I think they operated on an unlicensed band around 400 or 500 Mhz. The reciever (directional antenna) was observable though (about a foot long multi-element beam).

What sort of environment must this operate in? For how long on a set of batteries? Must it be undetectable by the subject?

Rube Goldberg is alive and working for Microsoft.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

If you want learn you need to make some effort of your own. Spend any spare time at work talking to people who already do the job. If you show some interest you'll get help - if you make yourself useful you'll get more.

You have to do it face to face - usenet is great for a specific question but no good for an apprenticeship.

You'll get more from 'old timers' than whiz kids - avoid suits, bean counters and HR !!

Michael Kellett

MK

Have them arrested and convicted of some crime where the punishment is "house arrest" and let Big Brother slap an electronic shackle on their ankle. ;-)

Good Luck! Rich

--
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum
Reply to