75332P MOSFET drain connected to which battery terminal?

I have a 75332P MOSFET on a cordless drill controller heatsink. I guess it's part of a pulse width modulator. The drain (flange) connects directly to one of the battery terminals.

Does the MOSFET drain go directly to the battery minus/ground terminal? Or does it go to the battery plus terminal?

Thanks.

--
My application... I'm desperately trying to develop a better inline
skating push stick, as described on my picture page

"John Doe"

** Not enough info.

Surely you can trace the wiring.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Tab is always drain, but which polarity depends on N or P channel.

Tim

Tim Williams

"Tim Williams"

** Some power MOSFETS have the source on the tab.

In TO3, TO3P, TO220 etc

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

HUFA75332P3 is a 60A 55V N-channel MOSFET.

N-channnel mosfets are used as switches with the drain more positive than the source terminal.

So unless that mosfet is part of an electronic brake, or reverse polarity blocking system that terminal goes to the battery positive.

?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

Only RF FETs. Rarely encountered in those packages because the lead inductance really sucks. They occupy that small margin between audio frequency and switching FETs and proper RF FETs with microstrip leads, and usually stud mount heatsinking.

Tim

Tim Williams

"Tim Williams"

** FFS do NOT top post !!!!!!

** Lateral power mosfets, made by Hitachi, Renesas and Magnatec / Semelab / Exicon all have the case or tab as the drain.

Egs 2SK176, BUZ900, BUZ900P, 2SK226 ....

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Phil Allison"

** Corection:

Lateral power mosfets, made by Hitachi, Renesas and Magnatec / Semelab / Exicon all have the case or tab as the SOURCE.

Egs 2SK176, BUZ900, BUZ900P, 2SK226 ....

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Says the pillar of UseNet...

--

news.astraweb.com!border2.newsrouter.astraweb.com!nntp.club.cc.cmu.edu!feeder.erje.net!news2.arglkargh.de!news.albasani.net!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!individual.net!not-for-mail

Reply to
John Doe

--
Do you mean that you not only want a wrong answer, but a certain wrong
answer?

"Chiron"

** Only ignorant pigs top post.

Like you.