How to add a two way switch to this circuit?

Hi, Please have a look at the circuit at:

It is from the article at

The circuit it to turn on or off a AC bulb by a microcontroller. My question is, can we somehow safely add a manual override switch near the bulb, so that even if the microprocessor is not working, we can turn the switch on/off manually? If yes, how will the circuit then look like? Sorry if this is a simple question as I am just starting in electronics and electrical circuits.

Reply to
saurabh9

You put a switch in parallel to the relay contacts.

Sure. This is a simple question that involves basic technology of a bulb, a switch and a power source. Given that this has risen for you as a problem, I'd complete the rest of the exercise NOT using mains line voltage until you are certain that it does indeed work. Get someone qualified to check your electrical work.

--
Adrian C
Reply to

Adrian C wrote: we can

Ah sorry, didn't see that bit. What I suggested would only allow manual switching to the on state IF the microcontroller had it switched off.

You need a three position switch

Position 1 - off Position 2 - uProcessor Controlled Position 3 - on

--
Adrian C
Reply to

You can use a single pole, double throw, center off switch, like this:

In the off position, the AC is not connected to either pole of the switch.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

--
I already posted an answer for you on seb. Here it is again:
Reply to