How Much TV do Electronic Designers Watch?

On a sunny day (Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:26:47 -0600) it happened krw wrote in :

Not exactly, when repairing TV I had it always on the workbench with the back to me, in front of a huge mirror. Only way to do it.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

In article , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...>

There still isn't anything back there to see.

Reply to
krw

On a sunny day (Fri, 30 Jan 2009 11:36:59 -0600) it happened krw wrote in :

Glowing tubes? thrils many :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Hmm... when you pass on Phil, what happens to that many books? Kids? Donate'em to a library? Have you read most of them?

I've been selling a handful of books on Amazon lately -- mostly math/circuits/signals & systems books I purchased in college and either (1) never read in the first place (I'm always a bit embarrassed to have books around that I've never cracked the covers on after a few years) or (2) subsequently found an even better book on the same topic that I preferred.

Your book is staying put, though. :-)

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

In article , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...>

:

back

That's the point. The only thing that glows anymore is on the front.

Reply to
krw

Cheap and reliable, but otherwise not too good. The best is probably one of these:

Both German.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

You might like "Chemical Wedding"

Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Holyworld

Don't know what happened to my reply. Must be stuck somewhere.

Yep, $5.75 a head. We were surprised. The gray-hair discount is at age 55 here ($8.75 normal evening showings). The gray discount is even cheaper than matenees.

For some reason SWMBO didn't want to see it. My brother gave us a NetFlix subscription for Christmas, so maybe we'll get it.

Was it any good? They've done that story a bunch of times.

My MIL, if that counts. That was a real tear jerker too, but for a completely different set of reasons, I'm sure.

Reply to
krw

Holyworld

I liked it, though it's a bit long at ~3 hours. However my hytrin prescription seems to be working, if you get my gist ;-)

I've read the actual history. It's a pretty accurate rendition.

I won't give away the story line, but I liked the movie.

I actually was best man for my father when he remarried.

...Jim Thompson

On a sunny day (Fri, 30 Jan 2009 11:36:59 -0600) it happened krw wrote in :

Actually, when I look at the back of a TV or monitor, I see a thousand things. I see materials, new materials, the way they are used, mechanical constructions, new ones, clever ones how to do things better, interfaces, how these are mounted, how those can be accessed, serial and type numbers, the way those are organised, types of connectors and where they are, how they are accessible... so many things... you can learn and learn and learn.

But, I guess, if you are looking for Daffy Duck in your life, yes then you will be disapoin-ti-ta-ted.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje