How much current to kill an insect?

Commander Kinsey

Girly high frequency. We have the more masculine 100 Hz.

What? The mosquitoes or the zapper?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I hate flicker. In the days of CRTs, I always chose 90Hz ones.

How absurd.

What about if you grabbed it for some time?

What if an evil friend revved the engine up?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I empty mine twice a year, whether it needs it or not.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

ROFL! Actually there have been many attempts to cull mosquitoes, or midges, can't remember which, in Scotland. Can't find a link since those sort of searches are flooded out with how to stop them getting you on holiday.

I have the answer. Lifesystems Expedition 100+ - a spray you put on your bare flesh. Nothing will land on you. Even works on horses - I recommended it to a horser around here and she tried it! Keeps the flies off them.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Where did 1V come from?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

It's 1700, I measured it.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I kill the insects to starve the spiders.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Strange way to measure it. If you took 9 joules over a period of 1 hour, it wouldn't kill you. Surely current is a better measure? 80mA stops the heart I believe, which is why breakers trip at 30 or 50.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Circuit breakers trip at 30A or 50A, right?

So, is 600W (200V 3A) battery safe? I got shocked a few times, especially when my fingers are wet. It wasn't bad enough to kill me, or i would not be posting this.

I plan to have banks of 200V batteries attached to either side of the car door. In addition to better weight distribution, nobody should touch both (400V) at the same time. Furthermore, i can eject the doors in case of fire.

How about 200V 10A, 20A or 30A?

Reply to
Ed Lee

Certainly a spider! The shape of many. Not that I'm an expert in any case...

Reply to
Mike Coon

Oh, I thought for a moment you were referring to one of those winged horses...

Reply to
Mike Coon

Did you read the wikipedia article about "my" spider and their ability to bite people? Better to keep them well fed, methinks...

Reply to
Mike Coon

mA, I was obviously talking about the earth leakage variety. The 30A/50A ones are overload breakers to stop fires when you melt wires.

That should be able to kill you, but it has to pass through your heart, and you need a weak heart.

What battery is 200V and 3A?!

To stop a car theif, use kV.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Yes, I have a severe problem with looking very much like a horse runway.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Shoe beats spider.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

OK, GFCI.

I try to be careful to touch it with only one hand.

Half of a 400V battery, fused to 3A. Slow charging into 400V 66Ah.

To drive the car too. 200V is much safer to carry it around.

Reply to
Ed Lee

Yeah if you want to call it that weird name. Let's change earth to ground, leakage to fault, and breaker to interrupter. It's sure to sell more to gullible folk.

Then you get a warm hand, no big deal. I've done that with 240V mains (no not the pansy 120V USA shit).

What is this used for? I've never heard of such high voltage batteries.

Use an inverter.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Everybody know it by that name here.

It's custom build.

It's more efficient that way. The batteries are charged off the vehicle, and load/unload in parallel with the main, without the need to charge/discharge the energy from the main. It would also keep the main batteries cooler, which is a real problem with repeated fast charging.

Reply to
Ed Lee

Yeah well America isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. You call live hot!

For what purpose?

Ah, an electric car? But could someone not steal the batteries from there?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey