How do they make Xmas tree lights so cheaply

Then I would like to know why Wal-Mart's price on DVD/CD players (Apex) is still $79 US. Are they dicking these small towners around because there's no competition.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

jobs, healthy economy? scrap steel?? Pat

Reply to
Pat Ford

Jobs don't take much space in containers. Scrap steel doesn't containerize very well. That leaves a healthy economy. Have you really looked at the Chineese economy? They need a *lot* more containers.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Cash

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at Neopax

Cheap labor No EPA No Osha No unemployment no benifits no welfare .................... ................. ................. the list goes on

Reply to
me

Sure, but wheat is exported in bulk carriers (with bribe automobiles carefully wrapped up inside the wheat), or so I've heard.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Huge numbers of loaves of bread.

Okay, not literally (at least not that I know of), but it seems I just heard (from Clark Howard, and he would NEVER lie...) that the USA exports large quantities of food to China as well as to other countries.

-----

Ben Bradley

no christmas?

martin

Serious error. All shortcuts have disappeared. Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

Reply to
martin griffith

Not that I could find.....

Add

No Freedom of speech. No right to bear arms No rights at all

Reply to
Clarence

"martin griffith" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

.

Paint, for example ;-)

Used Car Tires is another: People pay here to get their tires taken away, the Chinese pay to get the worn tires - as long as they are round and hold air, they are Fine!

Scrap Metal, Plastics, and whatever other Junk it does not pay to recycle here (or costs too much in disposal tax).

Off it goes.

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

OTOH, the factories supply room and board for their staff. And most are making *way* more than they would be in agriculture.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

======================= Heard a story on NPR about working conditions there... 12hrs a day, 7 days a week, poor ventilation, no restroom breaks, 20 cents an hour or something.....

Reply to