Hope HP01D barometric sensors

Anyone used the Hope HP01D or HP03D barometric pressure sensors?

They seem to have resonable specifications for their low cost - I wondering what if any shortfalls I am overlooking.

From the manufacturers site:

a.. Integrated pressure sensor a.. Pressure Range 900-1100hpa a.. 16 Bit ADC a.. I2C Serial Interface a.. One system clock line (32768Hz) a.. Low voltage, low power a.. 15 Bit ADC resolution a.. Supply voltage 2.0v-5.0v a.. 0°C to + 55°C operating rangeoperating range

TIA

Den.

Reply to
Den

Looks like a copy of the Intersema MS5534B with I2C interface instead of SPI. Accuracy is about the same, pretty bad compared with what you can do with a properly compensated Freescale ( Motorola ) MPX2100A sensor, a low drift amp and a good ADC.

What accuracy are you looking for ?

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
Design Engineer         J & K Micro Systems
Microcomputer solutions for industrial control
Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

I'm looking for a quick & dirty, so the digital interface is attractive.

Accuracy? - not real critical, more a learning experience, value / dollar is important. I found another sensor by VTI, the SCA-1000 which has better accuracy, at 4 x the price. Maybe the way to go. thanks.

Reply to
Den