Hey , lardass...

Hey! You didn't even finish it:

So best you be a drinker!

Burma Shave! ;-P

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

The singing Bruces!

Apparently, there are two different versions. The site I got this from had both, and I picked Schopenhauer because I liked the sound of it. Also, Shopenhauer and Hegel had a notorious quarrel, which makes the fact that they are listed together more fun. Here is a quote by Shopenhauer about Hegel:

"If I were to say that the so-called philosophy of this fellow Hegel is a colossal piece of mystification which will yet provide posterity with an inexhaustible theme for laughter at our times, that it is a pseudo-philosophy paralyzing all mental powers, stifling all real thinking, and, by the most outrageous misuse of language, putting in its place the hollowest, most senseless, thoughtless, and, as is confirmed by its success, most stupefying verbiage, I should be quite right.

Further, if I were to say that this summus philosophus [...] scribbled nonsense quite unlike any mortal before him, so that whoever could read his most eulogized work, the so-called Phenomenology of the Mind, without feeling as if he were in a madhouse, would qualify as an inmate for Bedlam, I should be no less right."

I wonder if Ann Rand could have drunk Spinoza under the table? Jean-Paul could have out-coffee'd them all, I'm sure, when he wasn't ducking Lobsters...

Regards,
  Bob Monsen

  "I\'m tryin ta think, but nuttin\'s happenin!"
                               -- Curly
Reply to
Bob Monsen

Okay, unashamed plug for a mate's book:

I'm the Monty-Python spouting idiot who's a central character of this famed international best-seller. :-)

Ken (If the link doesn't work for some reason, it's at amazon.co.uk, "The People's Lawyer" by P. Ells)

Reply to
Ken Taylor