Guy Mason gets shot down again

If you want to, take a look at the latest posts on nanap.

IMO, A good case is made against gm's claim that thread-hijacking is OK.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer

I'm not familar with nanap. What you say surprises me not one iota however.

Some ppl were simply born to be idiots.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Say what?!

--
  Keith
Reply to

Indeed, what's that all about Mike?

What bone could whoever it was possibly have to pick?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

And others spend their whole life working very hard to prove they are idiots. In the end I guess that it doesn't matter. ;-)

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

A character (S.D.) on another newsgroup has been stalking me online for about three years so I had him kill filed and his e-mail addresses blocked. Then S.D. started creating new identities about every other day to evade everyone's kill filters. I tried to get "News Proxy" to work to filter out everything posted from S.D.'s IP address because he was creating fake domains with each new identity. Then he started posting from Google.

S.D. is supposed to be under his state's mental health care program, but they claim its cheaper to do "Home care" rather than proper supervision. S.D. saw the link to the website for my project to collect, repair and distribute free computers to other disabled veterans in the Marion County, Florida area. There are over 40,000 veterans in Marion County, and a fair number are 100% disabled and can't afford a computer, or to have theirs repaired.

S.D. decided to call the phone number listed on the website which was clearly identified as a church and threatened the woman who answered the telephone, ranting that "He isn't very Christian" because I didn't reply to a kill filtered message S.D. had posted. Then S.D. claimed that the Florida State Attorney General was to investigate the church for letting people drop off donations for the project, and scared the daylights ot of the woman. Then S.D. went to the newsgroup and bragged about making the call, and his threat about the Attorney General.

I reported S.D. to the sheriff and filed a report. They are supposed to follow up on it, but in the meantime I have removed the link from my sigfile. I pray that they put S.D. back in the mental hospital and get him under control.

If you are interested in what I am doing, E-mail me and I will send you a link to the website. I'm not asking for any donations or support online, but I would like to see the idea spread to other areas.

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Please see the reply above, Spehro.

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Actually, some of the computer stores are giving me junk computers for parts. they realize the people who get these commuters are not able to buy a computer, so they won't lose a sale. On the other hand, they might sell some supplies or software they wouldn't have. If they toss them they have to pay a per pound disposal fee, so they leave enough memory, hard drives and CPUs in the cases to make it worth my while to pick them up. They also get listed as sponsors on the website.

The project is mentioned monthly in the local newspaper, and I am to be on WOCA talk radio to discuss the project with the director of the "Vets helping Vets" director who hosts a one hour program called "Veterans news".

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It's reall a shame that a bunch of heroes who defended our country have to be inconvenienced because of one kook. Normal people react to being killfiled by moving on; ranting and raving over someone who simply wishes to be left alone is seriously unbalanced.

I wonder whether a restraining order would help...

Reply to
Guy Macon

"Spehro Pefhany" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

The local computer store perhaps ;)

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'invalid\' when replying by email)

Maybe you should talk to the Feds. IIRC Threats over the telephone are a Federal matter.

...Jim Thompson

I am still waiting for the sheriff to do something about this. It doesn't matter, I will keep working on the project as long as I'm able to do so.

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Referring to the fruitcake who is doing this, you said "his state", which kind of implies that he is out of state. That'll create a paper chase for the Sheriff's department that'll most likely push the complaint to the bottom of the pile. Plus it involves computers and Usenet (what the hell's that?). Nobody's going to be enthusing over getting involved, so it'll probably take some time.

Unless, of course, there's a deputy who's a member of your church (hint).

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

There was a recent article in the local paper about their high tech crime unit. I guess that I'll have to attend a county commissioners meeting to ask them to give it directly to the Sheriff. I think I have the guy's street address on Se 9th Ave. in Ontario, Oregon. I pulled an online map and the location would be right for someone like him, about

500 feet from I-84, where the noise would make for low rent. He had mentioned that he was trying to buy a run down old house on land contract and that would fit right into this setting. Does anyone on the newsgroup live in a town near him? ;-)

No luck there. :(