Help - PLL type 2 books

Can anyone suggest me some good books on type 2 pll design?

Thanks, meg

Reply to
msdeshp

Gardner or Best

...Jim Thompson

Actually, depending on what you're doing, the online simulators at

and
may be all you need.

Roland Best's book is very good. Ulrich Rohde's "Microwave and Wireless Synthesizers" comes under a lot of criticism, but I like it for its discussion of real-world receivers and test equipment. It is neither a user-friendly cookbook or a heartbreaking work of staggering technical genius, but it's still worth owning.

-- jm

Note: My E-mail address has been altered to avoid spam

John Miles

Although I hate feeding Jim's over-developed ego, I do have to endorse one of his choices. I've got a copy of Floyd M. Gardner's "Phaselock Techniques" ISBN 0-471-04294-3. My copy is around fifteen years old - a copy of the second edition, first published in 1979, but since it is a largely mathematical discussion of the subject, it has aged pretty well. I've always found it very useful.

I've not used Phase-Locked Loops : Design, Simulation, and Applications by Roland E. Best (ISBN: 0071412018) but the reviews do suggest that it is less mathematical and more accessible.

Amazon offers 25 copies of Gardner and and only about a dozen of Best.

---------- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

This has some of their classic papers. As well as a lot more.

Phase-Locking in High-Performance Systems : From Devices to Architectures (Hardcover) Wiley-IEEE Press (February 21, 2003) ISBN: 0471447277

And his previous 1999 collection would be a good read as well.

Monolithic Phase-Locked Loops and Clock Recovery Circuits : Theory and Design (Paperback) ISBN: 0780311493 Wiley-IEEE Press (April 4, 1996)

Robert

Reply to
Robert