Health Insurance Increases

Non-sequitur.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

The point is that when you refer to government programs with the word "free" you are unintentionally revealing the attitude of a moocher who doesn't think in real economic terms.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Most certainly!

Reply to
krw

Um, last year Obama was in office (so much for your IQ). BTW, it was $1.80 when Obama first walked in the White House. I just paid $3.90 yesterday.

It's more than doubled since his coronation. He *said* he wanted gas over $4 to make his "green" energy fly. That's really worked well, too.

Have you ever thought that there are two variables in supply and demand? No, I suppose not.

Reply to
krw

Yep, high deductible insurance isn't just for disasters.

Reply to
krw

:

nd

use

1.80

y.

ver $4

in the same time crude has gone up by 175%

langwadt

Same as our extreme expenditures for education... we get such good results O:-) ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

if you

made me curious, in 2007 USA and Denmark spent about the part of the government budget on education 14.4/15.3%

in Denmark that means 'free' education for everyone that wants it, and support from the government while studying, some thing like ~1000$/month for a university student over 20 living on his own

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Denmark ranks worse in reading than the USA, but better in Math and Science.

Does Denmark have teachers' unions? ...Jim Thompson

Huh? That certainly seems reasonable since gasoline COMES FROM CRUDE.

Reply to
krw

you

Note that they're striking because, even though they're the highest paid in the nation, a 16% raise wasn't enough. Of course they also don't want to be measured by their results.

Reply to
krw

s.

ek

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

nce if you

yep all public employees are in a union, most public and private employees are in a union of some sort

guess it is a bit unfair to look at % of government budget since the danish budget as far as I an tell is about 3x the USA per capita

but the combined cost private and public of education is about the same

7.4/7.2% of BNP, so in total Denmark spends a bit less on education

doesn't say anything about quality

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

it

much

start.

=20

=20

=20

=20

That brings up an interesting aside. A few years back i wanted some restorative dentistry done and my insurance would not cover doing it = right (actually it would not even cover it reasonably; partial dentures are not too bad for back teeth but they suck to do not work for front teeth). So i, having sufficient income and savings paid about $18,000 out of pocket for the work (implants). That is about half (or less) what would been charged if insurance had covered it. The administrative paperwork driven by Medicare, insurance, and like is the reason. Moreover many extra services were provided (multiple osseous surgeries) and the deal was = fixed price.

I have read similar stories here.

YMMV

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Therefor, it

much

the

even

reaches

so

share

of

who

her

were

out

Very much to the point.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

have=20

should=20

If we weren't talking about insurance companies i would swear that kind = of business practice is illegal. It may actually be so, but just not prosecuted because it would be futile.

Reply to
josephkk

=20

Discuse you, but just what part of hiding the costs more(!) is going to make them more visible?????

THIMk!!

Reply to
josephkk

Maybe they learned how to do it from these guys:-

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

have

=20

=20

And you did not "fire" that creep on the spot??????

Medical care has been commoditized by Medicare. Deal with it.

should

^^^^^^^

=20

BTW Gmail has a spell checker, could you learn to use it?

Reply to
josephkk

I read some time ago this:

------------------------ QUOTE -------------------------- OK, let=92s ask the question: how much overseas financing does the United States as a whole need?

The answer is that it=92s determined by an accounting identity: capital inflows =3D the current account deficit, a broad measure of the trade balance including income on investments. (Trade can adjust to capital flows instead of the other way around, but that=92s a longer story).

So what has happened to the current account deficit as a share of GDP in the Obama era? Um, it=92s way down:

How is it possible that we=92re borrowing much less from foreigners when the government deficit has gone up so much? The answer is that the private sector is deleveraging, having moved into massive surplus as consumers try to pay down debt and corporations hold back on investment in the face of weak consumer demand. All those government deficits have only partly offset this move, so that overall national borrowing from overseas is down, not up.

But what would happen if the private sector stopped deleveraging? The answer is, we=92d have a strong economic recovery, which would among other things greatly reduce the budget deficit. A side implication of this point, of course, is that for the time being that deficit is a good thing, helping to support the economy while the private sector unwinds its excessive leverage.

So who=92s actually financing the US budget deficit? The US private sector. We don=92t need Chinese bond purchases, and if anything we=92re the ones with the power, since we don=92t need their money and they have a lot to lose. In fact, we don=92t want them to buy our bonds; better to have a weaker dollar (a point that the Japanese actually get.)

To make excuses for Portman, lots of people keep getting this wrong, even after all these years. But really, truly, the last thing we need to worry about is whether the Chinese love our bonds.

Its taken from

. Great if it's true.

Regards, Mikko

Reply to
Mr Stonebeach

Yes, in the summer they typically are up!

Rick

Reply to
rickman