Handing Out USB Flash Drives Like Business Cards

On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 13:51:03 +1100, Sylvia Else Gave us:

We don' need no stinking hard drives behind the water fountain.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Wait till everyone starts using micro-SD cards (15mm x 11mm x 1mm)

for my phone- you have to take special precautions to keep from losing those things.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

On Mon, 20 Jan 2014 20:42:42 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Gave us:

That was at LANL, and it was a hard drive, which ended up "being found" behind a water fountain. Don't know if he was the one who found it or not.

snip

We have labs where ANYTHING with storage capability of any kind, cell phones, cameras, audio recorders, USB sticks, flash drives, and even pen and paper are not permitted, and there are keep safes outside the door to put phones and such into. White (maybe pink) noise (audio) generators all over the place to quell overhearing speech within the lab. Very strictly controlled.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Everything the government does is a farce, this country has more enemies internal than external.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

whatevers, also protect lost drive from being hacked:

Agreed. OTOH it may just eat up all possible disk I/O, then it will lock in any USB drive of any kind and you have to force shutdown to remove your flask or disk.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

whatevers, also protect lost drive from being hacked:

lock

your

^^^^^ s/flask/flash/

Reply to
josephkk

I stick little things to an upside-down piece of transparent packing tape. I do it when working on something with small screws and parts, and even for carrying such small items in my wallet, by sticking the tape with whatever I need to something bigger like my laminated insurance card.

Reply to
Przemek Klosowski