Hall current clamp

I currently use a Fluke i30s currnet clamp which uses a 9V PP3 battery and no external power option. The trouble is the battery goes flat during data logging even if it only for half a day. And the zero drifts with voltage.

Any suggestions of a haal current clamp suitable for data loggging apps?

Reply to
Raveninghorde

Is the battery connection accessible enough that you can snap on a 9V battery connector from Rat Shack? If so, you could make yourself a 9V regulator circuit on a little board, and power the thing from a wall- wart. You'd get a nice constant voltage, always and forever.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

Try replacing the 9V battery with a decent quality, stable 9V power supply. Wire it to a battery clip and plug it in to the battery jack. No need to mod the clamp-on.

Just an armadillo on the shoulder of the information superhighway.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

I'll state the obvious (at least to me). Buld a 9 volt regulator circuit and attach the proper connector to plug into the i30s. (you might need to notch the cover to allow the power wire to exit the i30s) If you have 120vac available use a wall wart to drive the regulator. If you don't have ac, get a 12v battery large enough to run the system for as long as needed. Need further info? Just ask. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

WARNING: Use a _regulated_ wall wart supply; ALL unregulated supplies output voltage is greater than "spec" even at full load.

Reply to
Robert Baer