4-bit MCUs

Wow! This group seems to have all but died. It used to be very vibrant.

I'm trying to determine how prevalent 4-bit MCUs are in the world. I know lots of products have used 4-bit devices in the past, coffee-makers, remote controls, microwave ovens, etc. I believe at one time, in terms of raw q uantity, they outnumbered every other sector. But I don't find very many a t mainstream manufacturers. I've also only found a couple companies with l ess visibility who supply these parts.

Anyone out there work with 4 bit MCUs? Anyone build products in the quanti ties of millions where a 4 bit MCU might make a difference price wise?

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

lots of products have used 4-bit devices in the past, coffee-makers, remot e controls, microwave ovens, etc. I believe at one time, in terms of raw qu antity, they outnumbered every other sector. But I don't find very many at mainstream manufacturers. I've also only found a couple companies with less visibility who supply these parts.

ities of millions where a 4 bit MCU might make a difference price wise?

Sorry, my bad. I didn't see my other post. I need to learn how to use my tools. :(

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Sad, but true. Few new people join Usenet - most technical groups are either destroyed by vandals, migrated to mostly non-technical (such as sci.electronics.design), or haunted by greybeards. c.a.e. has always been quite small, and most of the people here seem to be quite happy doing their work without having to ask many questions. But when someone /does/ ask a question, there are a fair number of lurkers who crawl out of the woodwork to join in.

So it's nice to see a thread like this!

That matches my understanding.

Not me.

Reply to
David Brown

You need to get proper tools instead of the "google groups" disaster. (We've had this discussion before, and I'm not going to try to persuade you again - but I can still hope you'll see the light!)

Reply to
David Brown

Oh come on David, their web interface is good enough to monitor/read the groups. I do it all the time. When I post I do use thunderbird so I can have a reasonable predictability of what my post will look like, but for just looking at "what's up" the browser via google groups is just fine.

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

This is one of the first on-topic threads we've had for a while, so let's not get side-tracked (my apologies for taking it in that direction). GG is great for searching and looking at old posts - I'm sure anything I might want to say about it, I have already said before :-)

Reply to
David Brown

What part of -this post was an accident- do you not understand??? The OTHER thread is the post people are replying to. This thread needs to be ignored. We don't need two on the same topic.

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Usenet is for chatter - and it is anarchy in practice. You have no control of what people post here, who posts what, or in which threads. Starting a thread gives you exactly /zero/ special rights or privileges.

Reply to
David Brown

We have total control over who we ignore.

--

Rick C.

-+- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
-+- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

Am 15.06.22 um 06:22 schrieb Rick C:

Apparently, there is now a killfile plugin for Firefox that works with google groups; real newsreaders had that feature for a long time.

Reply to
Philipp Klaus Krause

Then exercise that control - ignore the people, posts or threads that you dislike. If Dimiter and I want to discuss newsreaders on a thread you started by mistake, that's up to us. If you want to ignore it, that's up to you. Of course you are also free to yell at people for making posts you don't want to see, if that's the path you want to take.

Reply to
David Brown