GsView of a PDF

Take the TDK datasheet for their C4532X5R1C226M230KA. It bloats the scree (easy fix, just "-" a few times). BUT it is too big to print on ONE sheet of paper. HOW can one get it to fit?

Reply to
Robert Baer

I can't get Reader X, or Acrobat 7.0 Professional to open the datasheet, both say unsupported file type. UltraEdit says it's empty.

E-mail me what you have, sounds like PS and I'll see if I can't remember how to scale it... used to do it all the time when most printers were PS.

Ooooops! Found one that I could read... I've E-mailed it to you. ...Jim Thompson

Works just fine here. Want me to USPS you a copy?

Reply to
John S

Robert Baer schrieb:

Make a screenshot (press "Print" key), start a picture viewer like Irfanview, klick "Edit" -> "Paste", then "File" -> "Print" -> mark "Best fit to page (aspect ratio)" -> "Print": Enjoy!

HTH

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

I use "Greenshot". Fewer steps, gets you a file and a direct print to local printer as fast as you can mark the area desired and click. ...Jim Thompson

Which one? Digikey has four alone, and there's probably more on their website. A direct link would tell us what you're talking about.

I haven't had problems viewing their datasheets in Chrome's built-in PDF viewer, nor Foxit Reader (which is free, and less buggy and less evil than Adobe). I haven't tried printing, but I doubt "fit to page" won't do as it says.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation

"Robert Baer"  wrote in message
>   Take the TDK datasheet for their C4532X5R1C226M230KA.
>   It bloats the scree (easy fix, just "-" a few times).
>   BUT it is too big to print on ONE sheet of paper.
>   HOW can one get it to fit?
Reply to
Tim Williams

Select "fit to paper" at printing?

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The one here works...

Martin Riddle

I would rather know how to fit things like this to a page. In other words, i have the fish; need the hook, line, and frying pan.

Reply to
Robert Baer

  • ---------^ does not work in Win2K
  • All i need is yet another program!

Is there a way to tell GsView "fit to page"? Or tell it to reduce by X%?

Reply to
Robert Baer

All i have is Adobe Reader 4.05 (too old to accept file), and GsView. Digikey seems to not have datasheets (at least for the TDK caps); try:

Robert Baer

Absolutely NO such thing in GsView!

Reply to
Robert Baer

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TDK rocks! "make your own PDF"! Result is of the older style and Adobe Reader 4.0 is happy. AND. . . . . . no page fit hassle! I have bookmarked their MLCC page

Thanks a LOT!

Reply to
Robert Baer

Seems to open fine in Acrobat 10 for me, and prints fine. Other than it being landscape, I don't see anything unusual about it.

It was produced from Excel (why do Asians use Excel as page layout software?) in Adobe PDFMaker 11 (Japanese version), and should be compatible with anything after Acrobat 6.0 (PDF V1.5).

Acrobat 6.0 was released more than a decade ago, and your 4.05 is probably late 20th century software. Acrobat 9 is probably the newest version that will play with Win2K.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

There certainly is in GSview 4.9.

And every older version I've had.

Screenshot of the dialog box posted to a.b.s.e.

Alternatively, you can "print", to a file, using the pswrite device, which should give you a pdf 1.4 (Acrobat 5) file, then print from Acrobat. That actually puts a 1.4 wrapper around the later format. Useful for people who don't want to install the latest, bloated, Acrobat.

--
"Design is the reverse of analysis"
                   (R.D. Middlebrook)

s/pswrite/pdfwrite

--
"Design is the reverse of analysis"
                   (R.D. Middlebrook)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Verified; ver 9.0 is newest. Screws up my Adobe 4.05 viewer/writer so i ripped it out. Using GsView 5.0 instead for viewer if the Acrobat reader barfs.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Tried the pswrite; same problem. But.. here you mentioned a newer GsView version; will try that. hanks.

Reply to
Robert Baer

OK; i have tried everything. One: I have GsView ver 5.0 and GhostScript ver 9.10; both the most recent versions (Win32-bit) i can find and they are written for each other. Two: That dialog box exists nowhere in GsView; there certainly is no "fit to page" function in GsView. Three: If i set GsView to Landscape mode first, then Convert with pdfwrite at 300DPI (not the default 600DPI that i had been using), then and only then do i get a document that shows everything (one page).

So, i ask again, where, oh where did that come from?

Reply to
Robert Baer

From wonderland >:-} GSview ver 4.9...

...Jim Thompson

Liberalism: A haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.

(Twisted Quotation from H.L. Mencken)