GSP module

I have got myself a GPS module from iWOW but do not know how to hook it up to my computer's serial port. Am a newbie and references/ instructions would be appreciated.

Specifically, what should I connect to the different pins. The pin diagram is available at

Regards, Ramesh

Reply to
rameshkullhar

You need another data sheet, the one that tells you what the pins do. Some are (possibly) straightforward; you'll almost certainly communicate with the thing in NMEA mode, probably at 4800 Baud, via TXD0 (data out of the module) and RXD0. Vcc it says is 2.7-3.3V, so you'll need a 3.3V to RS232 converter, say a MAX3232, V_ANT is probably b5V for the antenna, /RESET needs to be pulled high, PPS probably gives you a pulse per second, the antenna coax middle conductor goes to RFIN. But what the rest do only the people who designed it can say.

Reply to
Paul Burke