great pics

 Click to see the full signature

The nypost? Really? What's next the national enquirer?

Hey, The lake effect snow machine turned on over here. I've got more than 2 feet of snow at my home and more on the way! Walking up my driveway it's a pine tree and snow "waterfall". I should take some (really great) pics.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Well, the New York Times isn't going to post any pics like that.

Do that.

The snowfall is sparse here so far this year. The ski areas are open, but we get our water supply from snow melt, so it really matters. This part of California is an an erratic weather zone, and the big winter storms hit us or miss us unpredictably.

 Click to see the full signature

an 2 feet of snow at my home and more on the way! Walking up my driveway i t's a pine tree and snow "waterfall". I should take some (really great) pi cs.

I'll try and remember. Though the wind may knock most of it down. It's a lways dark when I get home this time of year, so it'll have to flash. That doesn't always work in the snow. I'm also a terrible photographer. As a youngster I'd try taking pictures of what I thought was beautiful, the resu lts were always disappointing. I've mostly given up on taking pictures. ( I use to enjoy mucking around in the dark room though.)

we get

orni

We went sledding on Thanksgiving, which is unusual. (But it all melted :^( I'm hoping for a big snow year! (With no melting till spring.) George H.

Reply to
George Herold

We skiied at Squaw a few weeks ago, the day after Thanksgiving, but it was mediocre.

This is more like it: 4th of July, 2011, bikini skiing at Sugar Bowl. What a year: 80 feet of total snowfall on the crest.

Bikinis!

Grass!

Mud!

 Click to see the full signature

There's confidence for you. A wipeout could have made for a nasty case of road rash.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

But not as bad as ski streaking!

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
 Click to see the full signature

an 2 feet of snow at my home and more on the way! Walking up my driveway i t's a pine tree and snow "waterfall". I should take some (really great) pi cs.

I took a photo of my wood pile last night.

Not nearly as neat as Joerg?s. (but no ones ever accused me of being neat .)

More snow over night!

Hmm snow pictures can turn out better with a flash, as long as there?s no snow in the air.

And here?s the driveway going to work today.

Most definitely a weekend of snow shoeing!

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Here is our woodpile, lower left.

We have NG at the cabin, remote-controlled, so the wood is for decorative/romantic applications, mostly. I think it's a PITA.

Here's a (former) nearby cabin. One of the guests put the fireplace ashes in a garbage bag and left it on the rear deck.

 Click to see the full signature

If it had a good basement it might be worth salvaging. I hope the garage door was locked.

Reply to
Greegor

Our cleaning people did that to us one time... sat a bag of ashes by the back door. Fortunately I was home and smelled it before it burst into flames. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Re PITA wood. I guess if it ever becomes a PITA I'll stop. In general I e njoy the gathering and processing of the wood. Cutting down the trees is a n excuse to go play in the woods. Gathering involves driving the truck aro und, maybe making a new 'road'. The lifting and moving of logs is good exe rcise as long as I don't strain my back. Looking at the wood pile for the coming winter gives me a sense of accomplishment. And a little security. Hanging out with the family in front of the fire place on a blustery winter night is great joy.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

-disgrace/

LOL!

"... hormone-ravaged frat boy ..."

"... the president flirted, giggled, whispered like a recalcitrant child an d made a damn fool of himself at first sight of Denmark?s voluptuously cu rvy and married prime minister..."

"Not to be outdone by the president?s bad behavior, the Danish hellcat hi ked up her skirt to expose long Scandinavian legs covered by nothing more s ubstantial than sheer black stockings."

LOL- that is way over the top "reporting" doncha think?

How simple are you that NY Post has any credibility???? It's a comic book.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

...and, (in this case) sexist.

Reply to
Robert Baer

George,

Where were these great pics taken ?

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

The smarmy conversations and selfies don't seem appropriate to a funeral ceremony.

Reply to
Greegor

being neat.)

¿½s no snow in the air.

At my house. Java Center, NY. The wood pile/ wood stove behind the garage and the driveway.

It's still snowing! I went snowshoeing yesterday and today. I only made it -1/2 mile yesterday till I was tuckered out. (Breaking trail is hard work.) Further today, but still hard slogging.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Headed out towards your part of the world on Saturday morning- turned back after 30 minutes. Trusted our 4WD, but not necessarily the other folks on the highways.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

No different than Clinton cracking jokes at a funeral, then stiffening up and sticking the lower lip out when he saw the camera pointed at him.

Reply to
krw

Yes, great pix ! Looks nice, as far as snow goes. Nothing much here just north of Seattle yet.

boB K7IQ

Reply to
boB