great pics

Part of the survival training was that if you get lost or stranded is to dig into a snow bank for protection from the cold & wind. We built temporary shelters out of a 'tent half' and snow. Find some low branches to hold up one end, and cover everything except a small downwind opening with snow.

Michael A. Terrell

Thanks Bill. I also got to see the interesting contents at the link you posted - it worked for me today.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr