great new word

Don't know. Got any examples?

lunatic fringe electronics

It also says something if she has been married and is still looking (whether she still is, or not ;).

Reply to
krw

Growing? I guess starting from zero, it's easy to double in size. Fitbit needs to double (or halve) their number of programmers. The app really sucks but I wouldn't be without one.

We changed phones earlier in the month. Choice is good. If people want rhinestone phone cases, so be it. We have more employees than customers too. ...by two orders of magnitude. ;-)

Reply to
krw

I just use a prepaid Android phone that you can buy at the drugstore. 30 bucks and it's sufficiently fast. Being a member of the younger demographic, I mostly just buy prepaid data and text messaging packages and the minimum airtime. I pay maybe 20 bucks a month for a few gigs of data and a thousand texts. Nobody under 35 makes phone calls anymore. That's like, soooo lame...

It's a lot less money and stress!

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

I have a flip phone, Casio "The Rock." It's unbreakable; one demo was to run over it with a jeep. It makes calls and gets calls, probably around 10 minutes a month. I had Verizon turn off texting, voicemail, email, all that. They didn't want to.

We went out for a burger ($16.50 at Absinthe, and worth it) and almost got clobbered by a couple of people walking while texting.

lunatic fringe electronics

I've noticed a weird thing around here...sometimes people will just stop their cars at the exit of a shopping plaza and start texting - meanwhile people in cars are lining up behind them and honking and waving their hands. It often takes them a while to figure out what's going on, sometimes you have to get out at your car and wave at them to get them to move out of the way. They give you dirty looks.

You also get a really bad feeling when you see in your mirror that the driver behind you tailgating is texting, and ALREADY has the front end of their car smashed in. I desperately look for a safe place to pull over.

In the city you really have to watch for people stepping out into the street while texting; with an electric car it's even worse as below 35 mph it's near silent when running on battery alone. I've terrified a few pedestrians who stepped out from between parked cars and didn't see me. The Volt has a pedestrian alerter system on the stick that I use liberally (heh) when driving in the city - I'd rather have them think I'm an asshole than hit them. And you do get cursed at by jaywalkers for using it sometimes.

The BMW i3 automatically makes spaceship noises when below 35 mph or so, pumped out through an external speaker system.

I think someone died from walking off a cliff while texting recently. Wasnt there a patent for a system that turned the rear camera image into live wallpaper on the screen so you could see where you're going?

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

ERs are seeing a lot of injuries from texting.

What are people typing all day? Must be 99% blather.

lunatic fringe electronics

Mostly men texting women who have no romantic interest in them billions of words a day.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

The reason text messaging and Facebook are popular is because women like it. If women didn't like those things, the mediums would be rather like usenet newsgroups - empty ghost towns populated only by lunatics. ; )

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Beer!, getting ugly people laid everyday!

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Hey, I resemble that remark

I think that you might be interested in the carrier that we use: PagePlus. It's a Verizon reseller. We prepay $10 for 100 minutes, good for 4 months & rolls over. That's $30 a YEAR.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Sadly, I also have my wife and The Brat on the plan. Both have fancy iPhones.

Happily, it's a company account.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

"About the Challenge A congressional coding challenge for U.S. high school students"

Cheers, James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

OK, Jackie educates a few million app coders, and I can raise the prices of all my products.

I interview EE graduates who seem to know nothing about electricity.