Graphical Logic Design Software

Can anyone point me to a software package (freeware, shareware, open source, or commercial) that allows you to graphically design a logic equation (drag and drop of AND, OR, NOT, etc.), name the inputs and outputs, then reduces to a minset fault logic equation?

I do not want this to be tied to a specific FPGA or PLD, I just need the logic equation analysis. Enter it graphically and output a text or XML equation.

Doing the process in reverse would also be nice - enter text and get graphics.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Reply to
Michael.C.Maguire

I'm sure you could write one yourself unless you are saying you are not hard enough which you obviously are because you know about Minsets and XML so what you meant to ask was......

Can someone recommend a progriming lingwodge what I can rite simthung that duz me me logik stuff. Griphocs wud be gud too.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

Go to

This lists a large number of readily accessible electronic design programs.

You might like to look at

which is a GPL'd Verilog compiler. It probably doesn't do what you want, but you probably shouldn't want to enter logic equations with a graphical user interface, when Boolean equations are a lot more fundamental.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

Have a look at chipmunk, not an all-end tool. But can be helpful at times:

Chipmunk CAD (Oct 1998 Revision) -------- --- --- ---- -------- This directory contains a revised public beta-test version of the Caltech electronic CAD distribution. This distribution contains tools for schematic capture, netlist creation, and analog and digital simulation (log), IC mask layout, extraction, and DRC (wol), simple chip compilation (wolcomp), MOSIS fabrication request generation (mosis), netlist comparison (netcmp), data plotting (view) and postscript graphics editing (until). These tools were used exclusively for the design and test of all the integrated circuits described in Carver Mead's book "Analog VLSI and Neural Systems". Until was used as the primary tool for figure creation for the book. The directory also contains an example of an analog VLSI chip that was designed and fabricated with these tools, and an example of an Actel field-programmable gate array design that was simulated and converted to Actel format with these tools (example).

These tools were originally written for HP 200 Series ("Chipmunk") computers, and were later ported to Unix and the X Windows System.

WWW:

pbdelete