Good Replacement for 4052 Analog Mux.

Looking for a cost effective part that is better then the classic 4052 switch.

Requirements:

Rugged part that can handle being used by hobbyists. Dip package preferred for customer replacement.

+/- 12 to 15V rails. TTL Control +/- 5V signal, DC to 3 KHz waveforms.

Steve

Reply to
sroberts6328

Better in what way?

I can't think of anything that will meet your requirements ("improved" CD4052 but not a CD4052).

If not for that last restriction, I would suggest a CD4052. It does exactly what you're asking...

Solder some diodes onto the pins to improve ESD? Beats the hell out of me. Sure, there'll be lower resistance, much faster, possibly more ESD resistant devices out there, of similar layout, but they won't be "cost effective". You're looking for a fourth side on a triangle...

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation

 wrote in message
> Looking for a cost effective part that is better then the classic 4052
> switch.
>
> Requirements:
>
> Rugged part that can handle being used by hobbyists.
> Dip package preferred for customer replacement.
> +/- 12 to 15V rails.
> TTL Control
> +/- 5V signal, DC to 3 KHz waveforms.
>
> Steve
Reply to
Tim Williams

DG409

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

2 x 4052 in parallel?
Reply to
David Eather
4052 is rather mismatched to the original circuit. A previous engineer switched to 4052 and its not doing well. Hence the request for alternatives.

Steve

Reply to
sroberts6328

Could you provide some specs about the circuit itself?

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs Electrical Engineering Consultation Website:

Tim Williams

again give us a clue as to what way its mismatched

Reply to
meow2222

Turns out there are a few 74HC4052 variants shipped that can only handle a 5V upper rail. Replaced it with DG409 and life is good.

Thanks All.

Steve

Reply to
sroberts6328