Global Warming: Junk Science

The "scientists" are scrambling, wondering what they can do to continue to push their left wing political agenda now that cracks are forming in the damn of global warming:

bulegoge

So "Unusually large amounts of winter snow were followed by unusually chill temperatures in June, July and August." is nothing to worry about? Seriously, is weather political? Are facts partisan?

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

You ARE kidding, right? Global warming is so political that I've literally had a person arguing with me say, "If I have to choose between science and common sense, I'll stick with common sense." :-(

...Jim Thompson

     Liberals are so cute.  Dumb as a box of rocks, but cute.

Is dumping toxic waste into rivers political?

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Don't blame me... you probably live in a Democrat state ?:-)

Do that in AZ, and you'll get your ass kicked... severely... AND have to pay for the cleanup... courtesy of my #2 daughter ;-)

...Jim Thompson

...Jim Thompson

As part of the indoctrination of the youth of America. Picked up on:

An F for the SAT

Planet Gore reader Phil K., "leaving no stone unturned," has kept his eye on the Educational Testing Service's daily SAT practice question, and sends along this gem from over the weekend.

Saturday, October 11

Part of the following sentence is underlined; beneath the sentence are five ways of phrasing the underlined material. Select the option that produces the best sentence. If you think the original phrasing produces a better sentence than any of the alternatives, select choice A.

Warmer coastal air and water has accelerated melting in Antarctica's ice shelves and increased the flow of glaciers into the sea.

A. has accelerated melting in Antarctica's B. has accelerated Antarctica's melting C. having accelerated the melting of Antarctica's D. accelerated Antarctica's melting E. have accelerated the melting of Antarctica's

Uh, what about option F - "have not prevailed since 1998, putting the lie to the alarmist press's oft-repeated claims that they have accelerated the melting of Antarctica's"?

Reply to
amdx

What science were you citing?

Reply to
Richard Henry

[snip]

For sure. Our local high school touts the huge number (like around a hundred) of their students with 800 SAT math scores.

ONE applied for admission to MIT. NOT admitted.

...Jim Thompson

My current standard response to that is "If you act you actually had common sense, you would know better." Standard debate technique; undercut the opponent's premises.

Reply to
JosephKK

Yes, just look at this part of the problem of development versus pollution in China today.

Reply to
JosephKK

Buleg doesn't know much about science, or even common sense. One cold summer in Alsaka has reversed the trend over the past few hundred years (probably not for the first time) and Buleg imagies that scientists are suddenly going to start worrying that the scientific basis of global warmng (most of which is taking place outside Alaska) is under threat.

The complete article is somewhat more circumspect

if still written by a journalist who doesn't understand much about what is actually going on.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman