Getting power from VME crate

Hi. I am designing a VME module, and I want to get power from VME backplane's -12V pin. Does anyone know how much current can be drawn from this pin? The power supply for the VME crate can provide up to 6A. But I am worried that the backplane connectors can't withstand high current.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Reply to
Kazumi.Ishii

The connector pin is rated for about 1 amp (my VME spec is at work, but that's my recollection) and there's only one -12 pin. How much current do you need?

I'm guessing you could get away with 2 amps maybe, but 6 would sooner or later fry the pin.

John

I will need current of about 1.5A. This is not good then... Thank you for your reply.

Reply to
Kazumi.Ishii

I think that is what the CompactPCI spec says, too. 1 Amp per pin.

--Mac

Reply to
Mac