funny thing

"In

Well, coins still have some value. A 2010 quarter is worth almost 6 cents.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

"I wonder how much of their money people will trade for pieces of plastic before they figure out it's not real."

--- God, "Right Use of Will"

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, so far I'm still able to trade $2.00 of scrip for a burger.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, have to keep all bases covered so:

"In God(s) We Trust, don't trust, or are not sure we trust"

Reply to
PeterD

Don't look, at least while you're eating, but that "burger" is only scrip, too.

Reply to
krw

"In

Sure, just pay me in nickels:

"Government is the only institution that can take a valuable commodity like paper, and make it worthless by applying ink." -Ludwig von Mises

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

A good friend kept his money in quarters (a tiff with the IRS). I helped him move once. $35K in quarters is *heavy*. If they were nickels he would have moved himself.

That's no trick for government. Almost everything they touch becomes worthless, or worse.

Reply to
krw