Resonant frequency formula

Hi all, As we all know Fr of a resonant circuit is 1/(2PiSqrt(LC)) I saw in the ARRL hand book that they have this formula but have 159 where the one is. I also saw the use of it here>

If 159 is above the line does this mean at Fr the resistance of the tank is

159 ohms?

Cheers, Kevin.

Reply to
Kevin Doyle

No. 159 ~= 1000 / (2*pi).

They've changed the units of f, L and C from Hertz, Henrys and Farads to MHz, uH and pF.

Reply to
Andrew Holme

Reply to
Kevin Doyle

What's your weight, then?

Reply to
Paul Burke

Yep, a fine example of an attempt to simplify things by making them more obscure.

Stick to SI. Always.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

9.81*kg ? :))
Reply to
Fred

Stick to basic physics, always. :-) Weight is irrelevant: it doesn't depends on you only and changes everywhere you go.

You should have asked the right question: what's your mass? Then comes the right answer.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

11 o'clock at St. Mary's?

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

Well, irregardless of what element, what do you do with the mole tunnels on your lawn?

--
Thanks,
Rich

Well, you _do_ admit that a gram of gold has the same mass as a gram of feathers, right?

;-) Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Ah, so a mole of Hydrogen has the same mass as a mole of Uranium. Got it! ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to

"Fred Bartoli" ha

I remember some people who confused the concept of weight and mass.

To make clear the difference I finally said: "you can think the mass as the number atoms of an object. If you are on the moon or on the earth the number of atoms (mass) will not change, but the weight (influenced by the gravity force) will."

Bye

-- Per rispondermi via email sostituisci il risultato dell'operazione (in lettere) dall'indirizzo

-*- To reply via email write the correct sum (in letters) in the email address

Reply to
Fabio G.

...but not the same number of atoms.

--