FS: Bonton Q-meters and WW II maggie

I have two Boonton 260-A Q-meters (and one manual) that i would like to move. They both have worked, but i only have one detector tube between them - and i think one of the front panel pots is bad. Since it is a power wire wound with a switch, i would not know how to find a replacement. Make offer for one or both on an as-is basis.

The magnetron is a GE GL-5J29 and has no magnet. It is about 6 inches long and 2 inches in diameter. Marked "confidential" and probably made for use in the UK for radars to detect enemy planes or rockets. It has a good vacuum and the filament is OK. The glass envelope lets one see everything, including the water-cooled "U" resonator and filament. It should be a good collectors item.

My address is public and correct; please use subject line when responding, as OithRink considers incoming e-mail as suspect spam if one is not on my whitelist.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Well, since we have absolutely no way of knowing what kind of shape they are in, why don't you give us some ballpark idea of how much you think they are worth, either individually or as a set. The shipping on these boat anchors is going to be horrendous.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

Tell me about it. Source ZIP is 97035 (Lake Oswego OR) and have a box with good padding for one so far. One looks in good shape, with the other is "moderate" or maybe better than that in looks. Both have worked, and i no longer need them for the project that is completed. In fact, i have not needed them for a number of months now. I held on to them thinking maybe another similar project...but that did bot happen. One had the CV transformer, but it had popped the resonating capacitor and the tar had melted inside. I have repaired the transformer, but not tested it. Would you believe it was made by the same company that supplies the crazy fox in the roadrunner cartoons? Acme! Acme Electronics in this case. If you can use one or both, just make an offer that you seem fair.

Reply to
Robert Baer