Fried Grits

"Rich Webb" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I mis living in Georgia :(

Antoon

Reply to
Antoon

French fries and (brown) gravy has been a standard of Canadian high school cafeterias for at least 30 or 40 years. Poutine is relatively new for the Anglos.. and it depends on a reliable supply of really fresh (less than a day old) squeaky cheese curds to make it right.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

"Y'all come back now, hear?"

;-)

Reply to
Rich Grise

The old ones are the best :-)

-- "Electricity is of two kinds, positive and negative. The difference is, I presume, that one comes a little more expensive, but is more durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it." (Stephen Leacock)

Reply to
Fred Abse

Some Europeon countries put mayo on French fries (nice, too). I remember a stopover at Schipol airport, Amsterdam, where I got a McDonald's meal and they gave me mayo to put on the fries as a matter of course.

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

That comes right after: "Hillbilly that is. Set a spell. Take your shoes off."

Paul (and Jed Clampett)

Reply to
Paul E. Schoen

Belgium has the best mayo: "Luiks".

Antoon

Reply to
Antoon

The way I remember it, there was a little space between "TYSO" and "YCBNH", which was filled with what I've always called "the show". ;-P

And I'm wondering if it should have been "y'hear?"

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Only the Martians. I hear they taste like Chicken.

Michael A. Terrell