Foxit PDF Reader - Print Driver

I have used Foxit PDF reader in the past to print to PDF from virtually any application. After setting up a new PC with the program it does not seem to have the print to PDF driver installed. I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Maybe it used to be bundled with the reader and now it's not?

Reply to
Rick C

tirsdag den 2. november 2021 kl. 17.00.42 UTC+1 skrev snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com:

yep,

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Old versions are fine.

Reply to
jlarkin

Thanks. I eventually got it to work. Windows 10 comes with a PDF printer, but I've been using the one from Foxit for some time and prefer not to switch so as to minimize surprises. Then Foxit throws me a big surprise!

Many years ago I used one from someone else, but don't recall why I dropped it. Maybe it was lost in a computer transistion and Foxit was at hand. I don't normally use Foxit as a reader, but it has some editing capabilities that Sumatra doesn't, so it is invoked once in a while.

Sumatra is pretty good, but for all practical purposes they've stopped development. I've tried to get them to change one feature, double clicking to select a word combined with a drag to select multiple words. That is very common in the Windows world. However, starting with Adobe, this is not supported, so the other PDF viewers don't support it. When I've posted to the forum the people who respond cite this as a reason why it should not be added. WTF? Why follow the lead of a crappy program?

Reply to
Rick C

I use Edoc Print Pro. Everything that used the Microsoft setup dialogs printed even a 1:1 stamp sized board from Altium Designer into 6 to 12 pdf sheets of paper. I could not get it to work properly.

Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

Am 04.11.21 um 16:40 schrieb Gerhard Hoffmann: ...

reading my post: Edoc Prínt pro works nicely.

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann