flashing led

i made a nice flashing circuit that works off of very low voltages....down to 0.9V, and uses a low voltage 555 timer IC..you can adapt it to your use. the schematic i posted isnt the design of the board...the board design is more complex because i needed control over duty cycle as well, not just frequency. and the mosfet really isnt needed if you arent driving a Luxeon, like me, i think the timer can output up to 200ma if i remember.

Le>> Hi

Reply to
Leon Sorokin

Hi

Im after a little advice to a very simple problem which has got me all in a muddle. I am currently designing a circuit with a comparator in it, and when the comparator goes active high(+5V DC) on the output, i would like an led to flash.

Her is the question i am going to ask. If i had 5V AC on the output i think i could use an RC network to enable my led to flash on and off if i calculated the values correctly? But on the DC version the RC circuit isnt going to work? At this point im thinking i could use the 5VDC output to feed straight into a 555 timer and allow this circuit to flash the led?

Please could somebody help me with my basic electronic skills.

Thanks

Reply to
Tuurbo46

The easiest way to do this would be to use a flashing LED. These are easy to get, for example see:

You can use a 555 timer if you like. This would have the advantage that you could choose your own frequency and duty cycle.

Gareth.

To reply to me directly:
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Gareth

You would do this, set up the 555 circuit as normal (powered from your

+5 supply), except have pin 4 go to the output of your comparator.
Reply to
Gary J. Tait